• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BolilloLoco View Post
    Dang
    X2

Comment

Holy Moley what a buck!

Comment

Kinda a fun time of year. We just put cameras out couple weeks ago and fun to find boys from last year as well as anything new. A little bit like Christmas morning everyday.

Here is a 4 yr old. He had the double forked 2's last year but only a small 3" spike off base. Appears that has grown this year

He's walking out of the hemp/cowpea field in background.
        Attached Files

Comment

Here are a couple shots of same buck from last year showing year over year growth. I think his overall frame is a bit bigger and of course the drop is a lot more developed.
          Attached Files

Comment

A year in the life of a farm

Your place is what dreams are made of. I know lots of money, blood, sweat and tears you have invested. I personally would like to thank you for sharing your journey and passion along with trial and error with us. This thread was the number one reason I joined. Again thanks and please keep it running.

Comment

Originally posted by triple_duece View Post
              Your place is what dreams are made of. I know lots of money, blood, sweat and tears you have invested. I personally would like to thank you for sharing your journey and passion along with trial and error with us. This thread was the number one reason I joined. Again thanks and please keep it running.
              Thank you. I appreciate your comments. It's been a fun and interesting journey.

Comment

It's Sunday. It's brutally hot outside. So I'm dinking around looking at some of the trail cam pics cause I'm just too lazy to want to fight the heat doing outside chores.

Notice how incredibly similar these two bucks look. I had to study a bit to make sure they aren't the same one. Many strikingly similar features.Palmation on rt main beam between 2-3.Double forked brows.Small bump midway lft g2. The pics were only taken a few hundred yards apart and a couple of days or so apart.I'm guessing the night time buck is daytimes daddy. Certainly from same genetic strain.

As a side note the daytime buck...middle of the day...was in a vetch field. I love vetch! Nightime buck in Durana and chicory.
                Attached Files

Comment

A year in the life of a farm

Awesome deer! I love the mass. It’s the reason I bought property in tensas parish. Although it’s just 179 acres, it is mine. It’s also in crp and the only reason I could afford such a place. No fences just some woods to the north on border, crp to south border and ag east and west. Last year was the first great buck that was killed (in my eyes). Finally got some like minded hunters to the south and I don’t even want to talk about my north border. I don’t run cams because bears tear them up. No feed program, I’ve turned from planting plots and running corn feeders to just cutting and seeding in ladino clover. My property is off limits April 15-July 15 due to crp program. Cant even cut so it is what it is. Last year was the first time I just cut and reseeded clover and I had more deer than ever. They stayed out and fed back and forth. cull 6pt.

If you have any advice or things I can improve on I’m all ears. Thanks

Comment

I have a camp on lake Bruin and belong to a club between levee and river. Where are you in tensas?

Comment

Originally posted by elgato View Post
                      I have a camp on lake Bruin and belong to a club between levee and river. Where are you in tensas?

I’m on 575 by 888. On shackleford bayou. You on diamond island I think I read?

Comment

Originally posted by triple_duece View Post
                        I’m on 575 by 888. On shackleford bayou. You on diamond island I think I read?
                        Winter Quarters

Comment

Winter Quarters

Figures lol. You hunt the best, farm, Mexico and WQ. I’m looking to get adopted hehe.

Comment

I have learned a lot from this thread in the last year!!

Comment

It's Sunday. It's brutally hot outside. So I'm dinking around looking at some of the trail cam pics cause I'm just too lazy to want to fight the heat doing outside chores.

Notice how incredibly similar these two bucks look. I had to study a bit to make sure they aren't the same one. Many strikingly similar features.Palmation on rt main beam between 2-3.Double forked brows.Small bump midway lft g2. The pics were only taken a few hundred yards apart and a couple of days or so apart.I'm guessing the night time buck is daytimes daddy. Certainly from same genetic strain.

As a side note the daytime buck...middle of the day...was in a vetch field. I love vetch! Nightime buck in Durana and chicory.
                              They are very similar! How are you making a distinction between the two?

Comment

[QUOTE=sweldo73;13516391]They are very similar! How are you making a distinction between the two?[/QUOTE

Hate to go against anything elgato has to say about deer, but I have to agree those pics appear to be of the same deer. The points on the left side line up in the night pic. Either way, this year is looking as good as any with the number of bid deer you have posted so far.

Comment

Working...
                                X