Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd be on the phone with Polaris.

Comment

Is it a screw in dip stick because I think you are supposed to check it without screwing it in and if you do screw it in then it would show over full

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
        Look up "4 stroke making oil".
        That has nothing to do with this situation. Even if gas was getting past the rings and into the oil it would have drained out with the oil.

Comment

Did you get the old oil hot before draining it?

Be careful running it with it overfilled.

Comment

The oil lines and filter can hold alot more oil than one would think
            I'd imagine it was maybe vapor locked or something- was it hot/warm oil when u drained it? Not certain on this unit but it may also have an oil cooler that will hold a good amount in there-
            I'd start it let it run to temp and then with some quick hands take the drain plug out and fill cap&dipstick to allow venting... after a good min take the filter off hot too.
            Let set for 10 min and see how much u drained out

Refill slowly checking every 1/4 qt till good-looking Then fire up to purge air in lines and recheck to temp
            Last edited by kingranch; 06-07-2018, 10:01 PM.

Comment

Thanks for all the tips, I think I will just drain it, let it sit a while then slowly add oil.

Comment

That almost looks like it's coming from the dipstick tube. Mine is always clean along the whole dipstick and with a very visible semi U shape of oil at the mark of how full it is all the way across. Yours seems to be only on one side to.

Comment

Originally posted by SoTXAg06 View Post
                  My 4 Wheeler did that when the float on the carb stuck and it allowed gas to drain into the case. It’s a Honda and has two plugs that have to be removed also.

X2. My 04 Polaris did this also.

Comment

We’ve ran into situations where the dipstick got jammed or bumped hard. Which causes it to go deeper into the oil pan than it was designed to. So, you have the right amount of oil, but it shows over full. Might check that

Comment

Originally posted by Diamond S View Post
                      Thanks for all the tips, I think I will just drain it, let it sit a while then slowly add oil.
                      I would try this first. Might measure the amount of oil you drain out, just to see.

Comment

Working...
                      X