Recommendations for Bahamas Vacation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mossback View Post
    You will have a blast. We honeymooned over there for a week. So nice having your own boat and doing whatever you want. Couple tips, bring less clothes so you can bring more tackle, grocery shop and get your alcohol in marsh harbour. If you think your gonna need something tackle wise, bring it with you, hard to come bye over there. Buy your frozen bait in marsh too, much cheaper.
    Do you know if I can bring filet knives? Did you find any live bait?

Comment

Originally posted by Pernell View Post
      Do you know if I can bring filet knives? Did you find any live bait?

I checked a couple filet knives in my bag. I didn’t find any live bait for sale but you can catch what they call grunts which look almost like piggy perch and they are great Livies if you have a way too keep them alive.

Comment

If you don’t want a typical resort style vacation, go to Eleuthera! We rented a house, right on the ocean in governors harbour. You get to really see the island, relax away from all the crowds. The home we stayed in had an option to have someone come cook for us! If you’re interested, shoot me a PM!

Comment

Nassau and Freeport are very commercialized but do have the better resorts if you like that type of vacation. If you like to dive, Grande Bahama (Freeport) seems to be the choice. Also has a miniature version of Atlantis but you'll probably want to stay in the little harbor if diving. Grand Bahama also has some of the largest Bones on the industrial side of the island. The scenery isn't picturesque but the fish can be record size compared to other islands. Be prepared to see a lot of trash and debris when away from the resorts on any of the islands.

My recommendation would be a smaller out island resort off Andros, Abaco, or even Exuma. After a few visits, my wife and I have found a private island called Kamalame Cay on Andros offering something for both of us. Small, quiet, and Bahama style with top shelf amenities and service. There's a lagoon on one side of the narrow island and ocean beach side within 50yrds of your private casita. You feel like the resort is to yourself most of the time and is the perfect setup for a small group. Whether you want to sit by the pool, fish, dive, snorkel, or even lobster dive, it has it all. Some of my best bones where caught in the evening right outside my room when the fish follow the incoming tide. Most guided trips are a 2hr drive across Andros's horrible roads to the Joulters. Worth it once your on top of large schools without seeing another boat all day.

Discover untouched tropical beauty, individually appointed oceanfront cottages, bungalows and villas with luxury amenities at Kamalame Cay in The Bahamas. Book now.
          Last edited by Notaguide; 03-18-2018, 06:41 PM.

Comment

Couple of options to consider. As stated above rent a house. You can get access to some extraordinary properties with a little research. We rent a house every year for the family and have a wonderful time.

BUT...if you want to do something over the top, explore the Amanyara property in Turks and Cacos. All of the Aman properties outstanding and the one in Turks is no exception . Your wife will thank me if you take her there!

Comment

Ocean club if golf is an option

Comment

I think we have it narrowed down to sandals and staying most likely at emerald bay(Exuma).

Any suggestions on must sees?

Comment

Sandals Exuma is one of our favorite resorts.

Sandals Royal Bahamian is ok, but no where as near as good as Exuma.

You could pay me enough to stay at Atlantis. It’s worth a “Day Trip”, but it’s loud, expensive, and lots of kids.

If you go to Exuma, take a boat to Chat n Chill.

If you stay at Sandals Exuma, you can pay them to take you to a small deserted island for the day. They will fix you a cooler of food and drink and leave you for 6 hours.
                  Last edited by Maddox; 03-24-2018, 05:19 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X