Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Need help creating a hot wire for feeder!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help creating a hot wire for feeder!!!

Dang coons and squirrels are still tearing my feeders up. I wanna build a hot wire to go around the feeder plate section only. Anybody got any info on how to wire one up and where to order the zapper part, I don't even know if that's what it's called I would also want to hook it up to a solar panel and rechargeable battery.

Elec fence charger - www.zarebasystems.com or havahart

Comment

Try the eliminator spin plate. Varmints cant figure it out.

Comment

Why not just a heavier larger varmint cage?

Comment

Here's the answer--wire wraps around the outside of the barrel--critters arms aren't long enough to reach anything. Held on with a ratchet strap, and easy to take off to adjust the timer. Does cut down on how much corn gets thrown away from the feeder.

Last edited by dustoffer; 08-11-2012, 02:02 PM.

Comment

cabelas sells a hot wire kit for 20 bucks..

Comment

Try the eliminator spin plate. Varmints cant figure it out.

Comment

I use the plates from Spin Tech. Work great and simple to install.
                Attached Files

Comment

I use spin tech as well. Your roi will be a couple of months in the amount of corn you save. It's nice when you get to the lease you know there will be corn in the feeder when you get in for the Friday evening hunt.

Comment

X3-started using 2 last year and now have them on all my 12v feeders.
                    Originally posted by Okiehunter View Post

Comment

Working...
                    X