soundproofing bow blind

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JES View Post
    So the foam is staying on and not falling off after all the heat from the Summers?
    I put the blind up in Sept 2010. It made it thru last summer without any issues. The only area that has disbonded is the areas I followed the front angles with the foam. It's only 18" high under the windows but stays standing up. The walls that are 5' high are still holding strong. I haven't made it to the lease this summer yet. I'll know in September.

Comment

Originally posted by Tubby View Post
      I put the blind up in Sept 2010. It made it thru last summer without any issues. The only area that has disbonded is the areas I followed the front angles with the foam. It's only 18" high under the windows but stays standing up. The walls that are 5' high are still holding strong. I haven't made it to the lease this summer yet. I'll know in September.
      I assume you prepped the blind surfaces like you would for any coating system and then sprayed adhesive on the blind and the foam and then pushed them together?

I've thought of doing this, just worried that the heat would cause the adhesive to let go.

Great idea.

Comment

That is an Awesome idea! Looks Great!

Comment

Originally posted by JES View Post
          I assume you prepped the blind surfaces like you would for any coating system and then sprayed adhesive on the blind and the foam and then pushed them together?

I've thought of doing this, just worried that the heat would cause the adhesive to let go.

Great idea.
          Original post:

Originally posted by Tubby View Post
          I recently purchased a custom made Dillon bow blind. Being fiberglass I was a little concerned with the sound that they produce with the slightest tap or movement. I ordered 2 6'X8'X2 1/2" pieces of eggshell foam and used 3M 77 spray adhesive. After cutting sizes and openings for windows, sprayed both the walls of the stand with the adhesive and the back of the foam itself. The bond was better than what I had anticipated. A double layer of carpet will be used on the floor. Here are pics of the final product. Sorry for the poor pic quality, was taken with a camera phone.
          Yup, exactly.

Comment

Alright Tubby, it has been nearly 5 years since the last update…
            How has it all held up?
            Do you have a collection of photos of the bucks/animals killed out of it?

Comment

As of this last season it's still holding up great! Some of the foam has come loose under the shooting windows up front where I made a "turn" with the foam and didn't cut it for the 22.5* corners. The edges and tops are still holding firm.

Only critters taken out of it have been a 10pt buck. The last 3-4 years my hunting was on the back burner but hopefully that'll change in the upcoming seasons.

Comment

Originally posted by Texastaxi View Post
                No doubt!

I knew, from the moment I met you, that you belonged in a padded room!

Oh, ya'll settle down! You KNEW you were thinking it!
                lol

Comment

Got a friend who owns an ag supply business and the pallets of refrigerated things like animal meds come with a 2" foam insulated container. The pieces are 44" x 48 " and would make ideal insulation for a blind interior--

Comment

nice

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                      Great idea but don't be surprised if the wasps and yellow jackets have a field day with that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      And as of this last season, 6 years later, it's still "bug proof". I have seen only a couple dead moths inside it.

Comment

Working...
                      X