Tuning issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tuning issues

Well I have my field points and Broadheads hitting at the same point of impact, but I see my arrow wobble some.
    What do you super tuners think??

I would like to paper tune but everyone says Broadhead tune is best..

If they are hitting together and consistent...go with it. All arrows flex in flight and take some stabilization. Now if it's fishtailing like mad...might look into spine issues.

Comment

Mine seem to do the same thing sometimes with the same brand and weight arrows. Almost like some are different.

Comment

Shot a different broadhead and I am shooting right .
        I need to move my rest towards field point, correct???
        So I would move rest left, and if that doesn't work it's my spine.

Comment

Yes. Might try walkback tuning first with field points. Shoot at 15, 25, 35, and 45 yards...about 3 to 5 shots from each. Don't kentucky windage...shoot at the same spot. You may notice the further back you go, the further to one side they go. If your form is off, it can do it also, but if your form is good, it will indicate the rest needs to be moved.

I usually walkback tune, then broadhead tune at 30 yards.

Comment

Originally posted by PSD Ryan View Post
            Yes. Might try walkback tuning first with field points. Shoot at 15, 25, 35, and 45 yards...about 3 to 5 shots from each. Don't kentucky windage...shoot at the same spot. You may notice the further back you go, the further to one side they go. If your form is off, it can do it also, but if your form is good, it will indicate the rest needs to be moved.

I usually walkback tune, then broadhead tune at 30 yards.
            Explain walk back tuning, I don't see it in the Easton tuning guide.

Comment

Basically what I said. Start out by shooting a few at 15 yards. Mark where the hits were, and pull them. Move back to 25 and shoot a few more. Mark them differently. Keep it up until 35 or 45. If each time you move back, say your arrows are hitting more to the right than the last time, you can move your rest to the left since the setup is currently sending them off to the right.

Comment

Well still having issues... I was having the Broadheads hitting right of my field points no matter what I did.
                So I decided I needed to lower poundage ( weak spine) so I started with a half turn at a time.
                I turned it one whole turn and it still indicates a weak spine. I was at 73#'s so I think I would be at 69-70 pounds and it still indicates a weak spine. ( two inches to the right and now a little low) .

Last year I had this bow shooting whatever Broadheads I wanted dead-on! I need advice guys!!!!
                The only thing different was last year I was at 65#'s , which is probably what I need to do

Comment

If the broadheads are a constant right and in a group, turn the poundage back up, adjust your sights to the right. If your shooting field tips aim slightly left.

This is my opinion for mid Sept.

Comment

Well I walk back tuned and am going to quit messing with it.
                    I got it pretty dang good, like stated above I should have been doing this in June- not sept!

That's what happens when you work away from home all summer.. Lesson learned!

Comment

Working...
                    X