Feeder - built with stuff laying around

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feeder - built with stuff laying around

Found a 12v spinner I had and thought I would build a hanging hog feeder. The first photo is the battery box. I used an old cash box I had no cash in. One on college and one in private school; what's cash anyway?
    Bought the 12v battery from Academy and the Redneck timer off EBay.
    Found a piece of metal that I cut in half and drilled 1/4" holes for the
    Mounting brackets.
    More to come
    Attached Files

pretty cool!

Comment

A few more steps left. Had the spinner plate and picked up the barrel from our deer camp. Plan on using the cable to attach to a hand winch and suspend from a good hardwood. Should hold a couple of 50# sacks of corn.
      Attached Files

Comment

Creative project

Comment

More pics. Got the square tubing from one of those pop up canopies someone left after an outing. Plan to attach cable to eye bolts and thread through square tubing with a loop exiting the middle of the tubing.
          Attached Files

Comment

Now thats cool and inexpensive. way to go

Comment

Cool

Comment

Thx fellas

Comment

A feeder in Alabama it better be camo that's a no no lol. you ever hunt the Tuscaloosa forest or Bankhead ?

Comment

Legal now in AL. As if we needed permission. Must be more than 100 yards from any stand and out of plain sight. One game warden for every three counties.
                    We've found the deer here like trough feeders. Also hog proof...so far.
                    Once the smoke poles start going off and the **** dog hunters get active the deer go nocturnal anyway. Hell, I think they've learned to live underwater breathing out of a straw. Hail State BTW. Never hunted near T'Town.

Comment

nice build

Comment

Working...
                      X