Thinking about a used Elite Hunter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thinking about a used Elite Hunter

I am interested in buying an Elite but money is tight so I am thinking about getting a used one. It looks like Elite changes the "Hunter" a little bit every year. Are all the Hunters about the same and good shooters?

Also, I've always shot a single cam bow. Am I going to have more to worry about with a two cam bow?
    Last edited by TXbowman; 01-12-2014, 04:47 PM.

No issues with a twin cam as I only shot singles also till I bought my Elite. Elite is the best bow I shot myself. My 2013 Hunter is for sale here in the classifieds, im just wanting to upgrade to the energy 32.

Comment

TXbow, I don't have a Hunter, so I can't help much. But, I'd think the Hunter would stay the same through the model years, someone may correct me.

My Elite (Judge) is also a binary cam bow. If I had to take it somewhere each time I needed something worked on it would be a pain. The cams need timed, and the bow needs tuned. It's not difficult, but for me in the garage it's time consuming. For us DIY you need a press and a drawboard. However, even a single cam bow needs timed/tuned to ensure the cam breaks at the right time.

If you get it I don't think you would be dissapointed, lifetime warranty (make sure you can register it), good service, etc. I bought my Judge used (lightly) as well.

Comment

I'm not too sure on the model specific changes to the hunter. But do know my 13 has cerakoted cams and limb pockets and winners choice strings stock.

Comment

Not will big ch ages until 13 they went to the cerakoted cams cable slide and pockets and keep wc strings and of course slight modifications to the cam system a little bit if not mistaken the 12s they did new limb decals and wc strings and I'm sure some other updates but either way they are sweet bows for sure you can't go wrong and when buying used especially due to the warranty good lick to you

Comment

Money was a little tight for me too this year but i wqs ready to retire my hoyt vectrix so I bought a brand new leftover 2013 hunter for 650 out the door (bare bow). I thought that was a smokin deal. Just shoot and find which model you like and then you can find bowshops online selling last years models for really good prices. The problem in my area is its hard to find elite dealers

Comment

Pineywoods, C & S Archery over in Montgomery sells Elites

Comment

Working...
              X