String jumping Doe GRAPHIC PHOTO'S

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

String jumping Doe GRAPHIC PHOTO'S

Shot this doe Tues. AM. She jumped the string but turned toward the arrow instead of away. I have never had a shot like this and hope it never happens again. She didn't run very far and bled profusely after about 20 yds. Luckily the arrow cut some main arteries or she would have suffered a really bad wound. GRAPHIC: I wanted to see what the wound chanel was like so I partially skinned the head to get a view of the wound. 100gr. Thunderhead, 5575 Goldtip, 65lb. Mathews S2, half wore out old toot sitting in a tree at 25yds. I'll be back at them come Saturday if Wife will let me.
    Attached Files

Gross. Glad she didn't get far. Congrats on the backstraps!

Comment

Dang she made the wrong choice. Atleast ya got her.

Comment

She bobbed when she shoulda weaved!

Comment

Wow she def jumped the wrong way! (well for her anyway) ... I actually had a doe last year that I shot at with my old bow that was already on edge and when I released she ducked and spun around and was facing in the opposite direction before the arrow got there and the broadhead just clipped her throat.(25 yard shot) Followed a good blood trail for about 300 yards and then the last blood was a big bloody loogie and we never found her...

Comment

I think I would have got her even if she would have turned the other way. I always expect Doe to jump, at least a little, and try to aim a little low to compensate for it. This one ducked her head toward me because she was standing right beside the leg on my feeder and couldn't turn away from the sound. I was lots of hair fly and thought I had just missed. She ran about 20 yds. and fell over but quickly jumped up and ran out of sight. The arrow didn't have much blood on it and it didn't look like a fatal wound. I found no blood for about 20 yds. but then it was massive. Followed really bright blood and a lot of it for another 40 yds or so to a dead deer.

Comment

ouch! Atleast she didnt suffer long! congrats!

Comment

Wow that is crazy. At least you found her and she expired quickly

Comment

Man, that's crazy! Congrats on the deer though!

Comment

at least it didnt waste any meat! still gave her the terminal back strap blues!

Comment

Way to go on harvesting some good eats..............teaches them ole wary does to jump strings.....LOL. Glad she expired quick and you made the recovery!!

Comment

No blood shot meat, that's a good thing.

Comment

Wow thats wicked. Congrats on the backstraps.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaybo31 View Post
                            She bobbed when she shoulda weaved!

LoL

Comment

Nice!

Comment

Working...
                              X