Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2014 asa soy

Hello all,
    I know everyone has been patiently awaiting the SOY standings to be posted. First and foremost, thank you all for your patience and understanding about the time needed to get the raw data compiled and somewhat presentable. We appreciate it a ton.

The SOY standings are available at:

Just some things to point out before anyone becomes too alarmed.

1. If you know you have shot several qualifiers, and your name does not appear on the list, then you are more than likely missing an ASA number. That number is required to be eligible for SOY, so without it, you are not on the list of compiled scores.

2. If your name appears twice, then one of two things has happened. It was either misspelled, and we didn't catch and correct it, or your ASA number was different, and we didn't catch and correct it. If either of these is the case, please email us and let us know so we can get it fixed. I would hate for someone to lose points because of a misspelled name or wrong number.

3. There is no rhyme or reason to the compiled data as far as standings. All scores have been added together for now to ease the process of compiling the data. So some folks will have some super high totals, and others will have much lower totals. That is because shooter A could have 9 results, and shooter B has six. This will all be processed and the revised scores and standings will be available long before the state championship.

4. There are three(3) qualifiers left before the end of the season. So obviously there could be several changes to scores and standings going into the state championship. We will be adding the new data into the overall data sheets after we have received it. This could make shooters results move up or down depending on scores and number of eligible shooters. Don't panic, because the final results of the top five(5) scores will be all that you see after the Twin Cities qualifier. That is the position you enter the state championship. And that score along with your five qualifying scores will enter mine your final standing.

Hopefully this all makes sense, and I can answer questions as they arise. Thank you all again.

Glenn

Thank you Glenn for all that yall do for the TX ASA.

Comment

Newest Updates to Texas ASA Federation Shooter of the Year

There is only one more shoot to add to Shooter of the Year.
      I have the newest standings posted on the website.

If you haven't shot at least four shoots, then there is no way for you to be eligible for Soy at this time.
      Those names that have 3 or less shoots or no ASA number have been "greyed" out.

If there are classes where it is not possible for there to be a SOY competition due to lack of competitors, then they have been "greyed" out also.
      A few classes are borderline at this time for having SOY competition, they will be finalized after the Twin Cities Shoot.

If you see any mistakes, please email me !

Celeste

Comment

This has been a fun year. Thank you to everyone that works behind the scenes to post scores and keep tallies. I know there is a lot that goes on that most of us don't know about. Thanks for all you do!

Comment

Final SOY Competitors are Posted online!

The final list of competitors who are in the running for the 2014 Texas ASA Federation Shooter of the Year is now posted online.

Comment

Working...
          X