Boot help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boot help

I have read through some boot reviews and threads, but figured I would start another to get some more opinions Andrew maybe some newer boot recommendations.

Looking for a boot for hiking / high country hunting.

Want a quality boot, not a bass pro or academy boot.

Help me out.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Salomon

Comment

If you are searching for the best Hunting Boots then Lathrop & Sons Boot Co. is the best place for Custom Fit Hunting Boots, we offers the discriminating outdoor enthusiast Custom Boot Systems, finely handcrafted Mountain Boots, hand “poured” Synergy FOOTBEDS and professional fitting services.

Comment

Meindl

Comment

Love my Irish setters

Comment

I’m a big fan of the Salomon Quest 4D and the Salomon Mid 3GTX. The Quest has a much stiffer sole which I like for when there is a lot of elevation involved but the Mid 3GTX is a whole pound lighter for the pair.

Comment

Salomon quest

Comment

Order some Crispis on Black Ovis. Easy to try them on and send back the ones you don’t want.

Crispis are the most comfortable boots I’ve owned

Comment

Been running the Crispi Hunters for about 9 months. They have been a great boot. Ran Kennetrek Mountain Extremes last year. Good boot, but just didn't fit my foot right.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Comment

Ok thanks for the input

Comment

I would go to REI and try a few on. They are usually pretty good on service. They have a 1 year satisfaction guarantee if the ones you choose do not work out for you and you can get a different pair. I think boots are foot specific. I love my Salomons but they have not held up too well. I have 7 months in them.

Comment

Let’s say I want a all around boot, do I want insulated or not???

Comment

Not sure of your price range. There have been some good middle range brands listed.
                          Kenetrek Mountain extremes are what I use. 400g insulation.
                          Schnees and Crispi are also great.

If you’re doing archery, no insulation. Rifle season in the high country can get chilly, so I use 400g

Comment

Go over to REI in friendswood, and try some on. They have a bunch of different brands.

I went with the Lowa Renegades for my elk hunt, and they held up great to 10 solid days of hunting in some rough country. REI also sells Oboz insoles, and my wife and I both swapped out the insoles in our new renegades for the Oboz. Made a huge difference. Also, the Renegades seemed much more "broke in" straight out of the box. Others I tried on seemed stiff.

The Lowa Renegades are also not insulated, but do have GoreTex.

Comment

go do some reading on RokSlide forum. It really varies greatly for what you want/need. Are you wanting a boot to hunt Texas or the mountians, stiff or flexibale. leather or syn........... way to many choices

Comment

Working...
                              X