Life is so fragile.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Life is so fragile.

I have been very hesitant to share this here. I need to vent. I’ve been remaining strong for my wife and son over the past two days and I’m starting to become angry. Crying alone isn’t making it any better. I need to share my story.

On Wednesday I got a call from my wife while I was working. She was hysterical. I couldn’t understand her. Before I even understood what she was saying I busted a u turn. She told me that our 5 month old son Noah had stopped breathing while he was taking a nap and the babysitter walked in to find him blue. She called 911 and began CPR. The paramedics carried my sons lifeless body away in an ambulance. When he arrived at Tomball hospital they had got his heart beat back. He was unconscious and breathing on a respirator when we arrived. We had hope. Tomball ordered a life flight to transfer him to Texas woman’s hospital. They were better suited to handle him in their PICU. Once they got him stable the doctor gave us the run down. She said his pupils weren’t responding to light and she wanted to control the swelling in his brain so that hopefully the brain would recover. He had little to no brain activity. She told us straight up we needed to pray. We were still hopeful. My son fought with everything he had for over 12hours. As the tests began to come in we slowly got worse and worse news. One by one his organs were failing. After two blood transfusions and countless amounts of medication his body was shutting down. His heart was still going strong. They couldn’t stop the swelling of his brain and his organs were shutting down. The doctor gave us 3 choices. First option was to keep fighting. With this option she couldn’t guarantee success. What she could guarantee is that if she could save his body we would still never have the son we did earlier that day. He would have severe brain damage. Option two was to stop advancing treatment and see what he does. This was difficult, because he could have gone 12hrs or 12days. Either way he would suffer severe brain damage. Option 3 was to let my wife hold him and the pull the plug. We stopped fighting gods will for my son at 2:05 Thursday morning. My wife held my son in her arms for 10min until he passed.

I thought my life was perfect. I took so many things for granted. When my 5month old son would wake up in the middle of the night and cry, I would give anything for him to shut up. Now I would give anything to hear him cry again. Life is so fragile and precious. Love your kids even when they make you angry. When they are difficult, be patient. You rather live with great memories instead of regret. I got to spend 5 months with my son and I would give anything for one more minute.

I miss you so much Noah Wade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh my gosh man, praying for you

Comment

Tears streaming...

I’m so sorry for your loss, I have no words to give, only your family is in my prayers

Comment

Prayers for Noah, you, and your family.

Comment

Godspeed buddy. Prayers up for you.

Comment

Originally posted by 88 Bound View Post
            Godspeed buddy. Prayers up for you.

We are playing this song at his funeral.

Comment

Oh man. I am so sorry for your loss.

Prayers sent for comfort and peace.

Comment

Your family is I'm my prayers. So sorry for your loss.

Comment

That was difficult to read. My heart goes out to you and your family. Stay strong for your family and keep the good Lord close. I can’t even fathom. So sorry bud.

Comment

My heart is broken for you and your wife. Prayers sent to ease your suffering and may Noah find comfort in God’s embrace on the highest peaks in Heaven.

Comment

Omg I’m so sorry. I can’t imagine. Prayers for you and your wife, sir.

Comment

I'm so sorry Brother.

Comment

My heart goes out to you and your wife.

Comment

Prayers for you and your family

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Oh man, I am so so sorry. I can’t even imagine. Prayers for you and your family.

Comment

Working...
                              X