Diesel and Remedy Mix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Diesel and Remedy Mix

I have always used a 1:6 ratio when spraying Mesquite. Headed to the ranch this weekend to spray 100gal worth. What ratio do y'all like to use?
    Last edited by The Texan; 08-17-2018, 09:48 AM.

I've heard and used 8 oz per gallon of diesel, and it will pretty much kill any plant/tree.

Comment

are y'all just spraying around/on the tree or digging a hole around it and filling it with diesel? and how big of trees will that kill? just the small ones?

Comment

This is the method/ratio's I use

Comment

Originally posted by brushtrooper View Post
          Do this. There’s a reason that this is the recommended way to do things.

Comment

wonder why they don't mention spraying for yaupon?

Comment

What the best stuff to kill cactus?

Comment

Originally posted by Witchgrass View Post
                Tordon

Comment

Anybody around Bandera have an applicators license to buy Tordon? Mine expired a few years ago.

Comment

Remedy Ultra. Use 3 quarts diesel to 1 quart Remedy. You can also paint that mix on stumps and they gone for good.

Comment

Tordon 22k
                      Surmount
                      MezaVue—reformulation that is supposed to be awesome.

Comment

My buddy uses Eraser instead of Remedy with diesel on the canals and fields. Cheaper than Remedy.

Comment

Surmount will kill cactus

Comment

Originally posted by hog_down View Post
                            wonder why they don't mention spraying for yaupon?
                            Basal application for yaupon can work for yaupon but is a pain into the butt do so on a thicket. Foliar application can work also but you have to get the leaves when they are new before they develop their thick waxy coat.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

This time of year when it’s hot and dry you can get by with less. Tamu says to use a 25% remedy. I have gotten all the way down to 5 % with a good kill on huisache. Typically use 10% for everything. Coat the bottom 18” with just enough that it runs down and gets some on the crown of the plant, just below the surface. Any really big ones go just high enough to get into some of the crooks at the branches. Be sure to get all around the tree if not you will have a geeen side that may not die. Typically all leaves will turn yellow and drop. Come cooler temp and rain they may try to regrow new foliage. Don’t be alarmed. Wait a few weeks and they will turn yellow and drop. It’s the last physiological response to the plant trying to survive.

With that being said if your targeting mesquite. Reclaim is a foliar applied mesquite specific herbicide. If growing well with mature leaves it’s another option.

For what it’s worth my 2 cents. What works for me. I moonlight as a farmer/rancher and am an Agronomist by trade.

Comment

Working...
                              X