Tack Driving AR...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tack Driving AR...

Budget of 2k for rifle only, glass is taken care of.

What AR would you buy. I want a tack driver. Would like 1/2 moa but will settle for 3/4" moa.

If you say build, what barrel, upper and lower.

Thanks

I have one that shoots half inch groups from American resistance in nacogdoches. he builds top qualitystuff

Comment

Larue is known for accuracy but I have no personal experience with them. There’s two in classifieds now.

Comment

Not sure of price for complete rifle,but if in budget JP Enterprises hands down. I have a few uppers & they are tack drivers.
        Last edited by DUKFVR; 07-22-2018, 08:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by texag93 View Post
          Larue is known for accuracy but I have no personal experience with them. There’s two in classifieds now.
          I have a LaRue, built on their Ultimate Upper package. Its sub MOA but I'm wanting a little better than that.

Comment

I have had Larues and Noveskes. JP beat them if you can shoot that well.

Comment

these are two groups both 3 shot groups with my American resistance 300blk at 100 yards with 110 grain barnes

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by one66stang View Post
                I have a LaRue, built on their Ultimate Upper package. Its sub MOA but I'm wanting a little better than that.
                I feel like you’re going to have a hard time getting that little extra accuracy from an auto loader. You can find someone with a sub MOA ar15, build yours the same, and not get the same accuracy. Under MOA is just getting lucky.

A match grade barrel with a properly head spaced matching bolt would be a good start. But the results still won’t be “guaranteed”.

The 223wylde chamber is supposed to be more accurate. Grendels seem to always perform, even the cheap ones. Ar15performance.com supposedly puts out some accurate stuff, but I have no personal experience.

Comment

Originally posted by lungbuster1985 View Post
                  I feel like you’re going to have a hard time getting that little extra accuracy from an auto loader. You can find someone with a sub MOA ar15, build yours the same, and not get the same accuracy. Under MOA is just getting lucky.

A match grade barrel with a properly head spaced matching bolt would be a good start. But the results still won’t be “guaranteed”.

The 223wylde chamber is supposed to be more accurate. Grendels seem to always perform, even the cheap ones. Ar15performance.com supposedly puts out some accurate stuff, but I have no personal experience.
                  I have a Grendel with an ar15 performance barrel and bolt. It’s a hammer. I’d recommend them

Comment

I just bought a diamondback db-15 in 6.5 grendel and have only put about 25 rounds through it, and only 5 or so hornady sst. Sub moa 3 shot group. Heck I had a right at 1" group with wolf ammo at 100. That was just luck though lol. With a 100$ nikon scope and cmc trigger. Nothing special. I assume with more getting used to it the groups with shrink a little.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

I may get blasted for this... but I’ve seen some RRA shoot just as good and better than larues in 223 and 308.

Not saying there better quality but RRA generally are tack drivers. Of course the right loads help a lot.

Comment

I had exactly what you’re looking for (sold it several months ago) , see my for sale ad

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...ighlight=DTECH

Call Mike Milli at DTECH and listen to what he has to say. Mike has been building super accurate AR’s for a long time .... way before they were tacti-cool
                        Last edited by Cajun Blake; 07-22-2018, 09:28 PM.

Comment

My Areo Precision enhanced upper and 18" Odin Works barrel/bcg, in 6.5 will do 3/4 moa with hornady black.
                          I bet it could be better yet with a good hand load

Comment

I’ve had good luck with LaRues, JP, PWS, RRA and LWRC. All easily sub moa with the right Ammo. I’ve always wanted to try a LMT.
                            Believe it or not the most accurate AR style gun I have is a LaRue UU predatAR 308. Sub .5” all day with factory Winchester match. So like some one else said sometimes it’s luck of the draw.
                            If one of the LaRues in the classifieds is a 556 tOBR and within your budget, I’d jump on it.

Comment

I put together a rifle using a RRA lower and and upper with a Douglas airguaged match .223 Barrel, (.223 chamber), 1 in 8 twist, and it is 1/2 moa with 77 gr. Nosler match hp. and RL 15. Took a little load development, but it's there.

Comment

Working...
                              X