Night Vision hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Figured we could start a thread on night vision. Kills, thoughts, reviews, etc.

I recently picked up a Sightmark Photon 3.5x digital scope.
    Man! These things are amazingly fun to use. This past weekend Gpena and I headed out for some pig slaying and got into them deep. He shot 2(or 3) at the pond on Saturday(non-nv) so I went back Sunday with my Photon. Saw 3 groups come in, 2 of which in pitch darkness. Ended up putting the smack down on 3 of a sounder of 6. Sat back and waited, another big boar came out and started doing his best baywatch impression, shot him too. So far, in two outings, 4 pigs, 2 coons.

In both instances, I was able to watch these pigs, without any light whatsoever and make accurate shots on them, even running. Its like playing a video game.

I'm hooked on shooting in the dark.

Any other experiences in scopes?
    Attached Files

Nice job hoss kap!

Comment

Nice night KAP!

Comment

What gun and ammo are you using? I think I might need one of these scopes....

Comment

That's awesome! I have got to use a handheld FLIR thermal scope before!

Comment

very nice chuy, looks like a great time for sure

Comment

I was wondering if those types of scopes were any good. I've read some reviews, but your thread puts it in perspective. I think I may have to snag one as well. I've got a military issued PVS-14 that I barely use that I've maybe put an hour of usage on in the last yr (mostly just scanning around at night or walking to the blind in the dark in the early mornings). It had 5-7 hrs of use when I got it and sadly, it spends all its time in the safe. I will say though, that PVS-14 is flat out BAD ***!! Gen 3 nv is crazy!

Comment

I've got the same scope and its awesome for the money. No kill pics yet.

Comment

Awesome pics Chuy! So glad to finally see some kill photos from all these Photons I've sold to TBH'ers.....not to down play your coon kill pics.

If anyone is interested, I've still got on in stock, ready to ship and more on the way. Minimum advertised price is $499.97, PM me for the TBH discounted price.

- Jason

Comment

cool as snot!

Comment

I'm running it on a 6.8 ARP barrel. 120 grain Hornady V-Max

Accuracy is great and clarity is amazing for the price. The pic doesn't do it justice. I need to get that recorder so I can record.

Black and quite video game.

Hey glidewell. Any pics?
                      Last edited by Chuy; 04-29-2014, 07:20 PM.

Comment

This + AR-15 6.8 spc
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	1001275_10101758432748638_1339795431_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	11.2 KB
ID:	24301954

equals ...

Name:	1535420_10102060613346298_685494756_n.jpg
Size:	25.9 KB
ID:	24301955
                        Last edited by altez; 04-29-2014, 07:43 PM.

Comment

I've got the same scope on one of my 300blkouts can't wait to try it.

Comment

I just recently purchased a ATN 6x Gen 2 night vision scope. After seeing this, I can't wait to use it!

Comment

This is the D740 Gen 3 at 200 yards to the feeder. The two green LEDs are the Foxpro and the blackjack.

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398823697.868883.jpg
Size:	19.9 KB
ID:	24301960

Coyote killed at 128 yards.

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398823833.710450.jpg
Size:	56.0 KB
ID:	24301961

More critters killed early morning with D740. Waited till daylight to take pics.

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398823893.021571.jpg
Size:	91.0 KB
ID:	24301962

A few more HVT. The black spot to the 7 o'clock of the crosshairs is the coon.

Last edited by aac_shooter; 04-29-2014, 08:17 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X