Charcuterie guys. Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will this work? Anyone ever used one for charcuterie before? Controls humidity and temp so Im thinking it would be great but Im a novice so might be missing other factors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like how your mind worked on this on[emoji106]
    I'm looking up a few things now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Saggy View Post
      I like how your mind worked on this on[emoji106]
      I'm looking up a few things now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Seems a good price if it works for meats.

Comment

Also looking at this product for a cheaper route but feels kinda like cheating.

Dry age your own charcuterie at home using UMAi Dry curing bags and spices. Our charcuterie kits come with everything you need to get started on the perfect...

Comment

I use the Umai products and have had great luck.

Comment

Originally posted by texashunter View Post
            I use the Umai products and have had great luck.

I might go this route to start. If I get really into it maybe then go full steam. I have a bad habit of getting into crafts/hobbies and walking away as soon as I have “proven” I can do it. Lol

Comment

If you do it would you send me a pm and let me know how it works?

Comment

Originally posted by alwaysinshorts View Post
                If you do it would you send me a pm and let me know how it works?

Sure

Comment

I've only ordered it at a restaurant - Well, I had it ordered for me.

What are you trying to do?

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
                    I've only ordered it at a restaurant - Well, I had it ordered for me.

What are you trying to do?
                    Salamis, hams, prosciuttos, and other dry cured meats as well as aging cheese. Done the old world way minus the fact I don't have a cave in the French countryside.

Comment

Whats going on J sweet! In my opinion your better off using a frost free refrigerator with a plug-in-play unit. The cost will be cheaper then buying that unit from home depot. I used a plug-in-play unit from Auber instruments but the inkbird controllers are cheaper and people say they work good.

Auber Instruments, Inc. Temperature & Humidity Controller for Curing Fridge & High RH [TH330A] - Product Update: A new model TH330B is available, which has a new function that allows the same device (for example, a ventilation fan) to be activated by both temperature and humidity conditions. Please see the manual of TH330B for details about the new parameter 'RLY' in the System menu.   This plug-n-play temperature and humidity controller can be used for sausage curing, greenhouses, incubators, and other similar applications. This controller doesn't have a WiFi function. If you need a WiFi-enabled humidity controller, please check AW-TH330A-W instead.  This controller can control both temperature (heating or cooling) and humidity (humidifying or dehumidifying) at the same time. There is one output socket for each channel. The controller has a two-line LED display, two output sockets, one sensor module, and one input power cord. The top LED shows the temperature reading in Celsius or Fahrenheit, and the bottom LED shows the measured relative humidity value (RH%). The left output socket connects to the heating/cooling devices while the right output socket is for a humidifier/dehumidifier. The sensor module contains both temperature and humidity sensors (2-in-1 sensor). This controller can be used in a high humidity (>85% RH) environment, which is among the most challenging conditions for humidity controllers. For example, when controlling the

Comment

Originally posted by Jason85 View Post
                        Whats going on J sweet! In my opinion your better off using a frost free refrigerator with a plug-in-play unit. The cost will be cheaper then buying that unit from home depot. I used a plug-in-play unit from Auber instruments but the inkbird controllers are cheaper and people say they work good.

https://www.auberins.com/index.php?m...roducts_id=377
                        I feel like this would be the better option.

Would be an excellent way to dry age meat.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Jason85 View Post

https://www.auberins.com/index.php?m...roducts_id=377

Thanks. Figured you’d know best. I bought that Brian Polcyn book a couple years ago and just started getting into bacons and hams. Want to try dry cure next. Preferably with lots of that delicious earthy white mold on the casing.

Comment

[QUOTE=J Sweet;13824369]Thanks. Figured you’d know best. I bought that Brian Polcyn book a couple years ago and just started getting into bacons and hams. Want to try dry cure next. Preferably with lots of that delicious earthy white mold on the casing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE

That book is really informative and will teach you a lot. When you get your chamber established and start curing products it will start to hold that white mold and everything will get covered in it. Are you getting into making cheese? I have yet to try my luck again at cheese but its something I am going to do again in the near future.

Comment

[quote=Jason85;13824428]
                              Originally posted by J Sweet View Post
                              Thanks. Figured you’d know best. I bought that Brian Polcyn book a couple years ago and just started getting into bacons and hams. Want to try dry cure next. Preferably with lots of that delicious earthy white mold on the casing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE

That book is really informative and will teach you a lot. When you get your chamber established and start curing products it will start to hold that white mold and everything will get covered in it. Are you getting into making cheese? I have yet to try my luck again at cheese but its something I am going to do again in the near future.

Ive only ever smoked cheeses. Would love to age the ever loving hell out of some good cheese though. See how much patience I have.

Last edited by Ætheling; 11-29-2018, 03:59 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X