Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AR/Tacticool Thread of Awesome! (AR Info here!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AR/Tacticool Thread of Awesome! (AR Info here!)

Originally posted by justintyme8303 View Post
    Did you clean it before trying to shoot it? They come lubed but its packing grease not lubricant so you need to clean and lube it first.

So you may be good to go now.

Yes I did. I have around 100 rounds down the tube.

Comment

Originally posted by Lip View Post
      Yes I did. I have around 100 rounds down the tube.
      Good deal.... I picked up the same slim model really liked the way it feels.

Comment

Put about 15 rounds through it this evening with no more issues. I think I over-lubricated.

Comment

Figured since this thread hasn't been on the front page in a while!

Yall changed anything on your AR?

Im wanting to put a Vortex Sparc 2 on mine, and possibly change out my hand guard to a lighter weight one.

Any Recommendations on an affordable light weight Mlok 15" hand guard?

Comment

Originally posted by marshhunter View Post
            Figured since this thread hasn't been on the front page in a while!

Yall changed anything on your AR?

Im wanting to put a Vortex Sparc 2 on mine, and possibly change out my hand guard to a lighter weight one.

Any Recommendations on an affordable light weight Mlok 15" hand guard?
            I really like the Odin O2 Lite. I think I paid $170 shipped.
            https://www.odinworks.com/O2_Lite_M_...f-15-ml-o2.htm
            It's really light, yet sturdy.

Edited to add:
            Searched on ebay and found this one at $165 and you can offer lower:
            Link
            Last edited by ahlongslide; 10-26-2018, 01:04 PM. Reason: Adding link

Comment

I take care of all of mine... but I use em like tools and have mowed down a bunch of hogs with the SBR’s, the 6.5 being my go to.

6.5 Grendel 12.5” SBR - Pulsar Apex XQ50

2nd 6.5 Grendel 12.5” SBR - scoreless at the moment

300 Blackout 8.5” - have a scope and nv compatible red dot I switch between

5.7x28 11.5” SBR - cheap red dot, looking for a nv compatible one for it

Colt CAR-A3 HBAR Elite - Springfield Armory 4-14x40 Tact. Govt. 5.56 scope

DPMS LR-308 - Nikon Buckmaster 4.5-14x40 mil dot

And a couple more uppers...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Last edited by lglidewell; 10-27-2018, 09:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by lglidewell View Post
                I take care of all of mine... but I use em like tools and have mowed down a bunch of hogs with the SBR’s, the 6.5 being my go to.

6.5 Grendel 12.5” SBR - Pulsar Apex XQ50

2nd 6.5 Grendel 12.5” SBR - scoreless at the moment

300 Blackout 8.5” - have a scope and nv compatible red dot I switch between

5.7x28 11.5” SBR - cheap red dot, looking for a nv compatible one for it

Colt CAR-A3 HBAR Elite - Springfield Armory 4-14x40 Tact. Govt. 5.56 scope

DPMS LR-308 - Nikon Buckmaster 4.5-14x40 mil dot

And a couple more uppers...

I love my 12.5” 6.5 Grendel. Are you running Ballistic Advantage Barrels?

Comment

Yessir on the Ballistic Advantage barrel’s. My 8.5” 300 blackout is a BA barrel also.

Comment

So a couple of quick questions for you folks. Does anybody make a drop in 1-12 twist .223 barrel these days at 16"?

If someone does am I crazy for wanting to run a 1-12 twist barrel? My thoughts are to use it solely for varmints and run either 40 or 50 gr pills out of it and eventually put a can on the front of it. I think that would maximize the accuracy potential of the rifle running those light weight bullets. And if I ever get a wild hair I can roll some 50 gr Barnes TSX or TTSX and shoot deer with it if I want.

Thoughts and opinions appreciated.

Comment

Just my opinion, but I would go with a 1:9 if I were building a dedicated sub-55gr varmint gun with a can. I know you’re not looking for an essay on a picture thread, but Bryan Litz at Applied Ballistics/Berger is an expert on this stuff and here’s what he says:

Is This Statement TRUE or FALSE?

“The problem with ‘over-stabilizing’ a bullet (by shooting it from an excessively fast twist rate) is that the bullet will fly ‘nose high’ on a long range shot. The nose-high orientation induces extra drag and reduces the effective BC of the bullet.”

Bryan Litz says:
                      July 25, 2013 at 7:24 am
                      For practical purposes, the answer is FALSE

As a bullet arcs on a long range trajectory, it’s axis is torqued (by aerodynamic forces) to constantly align with the oncoming airflow. When a spinning object has its axis torqued, the object reacts by pointing its axis primarily ‘out of plane'; 90 degrees from the applied force. This results in a nose-right orientation (for right twist barrels) known as the yaw of repose. The yaw of repose steers the bullet ever so slightly to the side resulting in gyroscopic (spin) drift.

The bullet nose will point slightly above its velocity vector (pitch), but that pitch is only about 1/10 of the yaw of repose which is not enough to cause a practical vertical drift (less than 1/2″ at 1000 yards). Typical yaw of repose remains below 1/60th of one degree, while pitch is on the order of 1/600th of one degree. This small amount of pitch and yaw is not enough to induce a measurable amount of additional drag, even for highly stabilized bullets.

All of the above applies to stable projectiles in supersonic flight on ‘flat fire’ trajectories. For projectiles fired at high angles (above ~10-20 degrees above the line of sight), it is possible for the bullet to not track, or trace with the trajectory. This is a common design challenge for artillery shells that are often fired on high angle trajectories. The axis of the spinning shell may be too rigid to bend with the exaggerated trajectory. In that case the shell can ‘belly flop’, or fall base first. However for small arms projectiles on flat-fire trajectories, this isn’t a problem.

Another consideration with spinning a bullet too fast is related to bullet failure. This discussion assumes the bullet remains structurally in tact.”

Comment

Originally posted by ahlongslide View Post
                        Just my opinion, but I would go with a 1:9 if I were building a dedicated sub-55gr varmint gun with a can. I know you’re not looking for an essay on a picture thread, but Bryan Litz at Applied Ballistics/Berger is an expert on this stuff and here’s what he says:

Is This Statement TRUE or FALSE?

“The problem with ‘over-stabilizing’ a bullet (by shooting it from an excessively fast twist rate) is that the bullet will fly ‘nose high’ on a long range shot. The nose-high orientation induces extra drag and reduces the effective BC of the bullet.”

Bryan Litz says:
                        July 25, 2013 at 7:24 am
                        For practical purposes, the answer is FALSE

As a bullet arcs on a long range trajectory, it’s axis is torqued (by aerodynamic forces) to constantly align with the oncoming airflow. When a spinning object has its axis torqued, the object reacts by pointing its axis primarily ‘out of plane'; 90 degrees from the applied force. This results in a nose-right orientation (for right twist barrels) known as the yaw of repose. The yaw of repose steers the bullet ever so slightly to the side resulting in gyroscopic (spin) drift.

The bullet nose will point slightly above its velocity vector (pitch), but that pitch is only about 1/10 of the yaw of repose which is not enough to cause a practical vertical drift (less than 1/2″ at 1000 yards). Typical yaw of repose remains below 1/60th of one degree, while pitch is on the order of 1/600th of one degree. This small amount of pitch and yaw is not enough to induce a measurable amount of additional drag, even for highly stabilized bullets.

All of the above applies to stable projectiles in supersonic flight on ‘flat fire’ trajectories. For projectiles fired at high angles (above ~10-20 degrees above the line of sight), it is possible for the bullet to not track, or trace with the trajectory. This is a common design challenge for artillery shells that are often fired on high angle trajectories. The axis of the spinning shell may be too rigid to bend with the exaggerated trajectory. In that case the shell can ‘belly flop’, or fall base first. However for small arms projectiles on flat-fire trajectories, this isn’t a problem.

Another consideration with spinning a bullet too fast is related to bullet failure. This discussion assumes the bullet remains structurally in tact.”

I agree that a 1:9 will serve you fine. My 1:8 Ballistic Advantage barrel shoots 3/4 MOA at 100yards with Hornady 55 grain soft points.

Comment

Ranier Ultra-match 16" .223 Wylde Barrel
                          Spikes tactical Lower
                          DTI squared upper
                          Guntech 12" Handguard
                          POF 3.5lb Flat Trigger Single Stage
                          BCG
                          CTR Magpul Stock

This guns shoots well .5". Few mags will go with it as well. This is by far the best Ar I have shot.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Sig Virtus MCX, Pulsar XQ38 & Form 1 suppressor with the help of HunterRifleworks. Less than a month to get the Form 1 stamp

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7110.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	64.9 KB
ID:	24579923

Comment

Sage Dynamics PWS pistol

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Kino pistol. Absolutely love this thing. Going to file the Form one this week.

Comment

Working...
                                X