Supressing a 5.7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Supressing a 5.7

I have shot a couple of these in rifle and pistol. I am thinking I really need one
    I have a few suppressors for center fire but when I looked for a suppressor for the 5.7. it rates down there with 22 / 22mag, etc.
    From those that own this caliber : ? does it shoot dirty like a rimfire or can I run it through my regular cans?

I don't think it shoots dirty.

What suppressor are you considering ?

Gemtech 57
    Dead Air Mask HD
    SiCo spectre II

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Comment

My 11.5” 5.7 SBR doesn’t shoot dirty at all and I run it with a YHM Stinger and Spectre II (both 5.7 rated). I’m actually looking for a threaded barrel for my FiveseveN pistol...

Has a little cheap red dot on it now, but I’m looking for one that is nv rated for it.

Here it is with the YHM Stinger

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Last edited by lglidewell; 10-27-2018, 08:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by lglidewell View Post
        My 11.5” 5.7 SBR doesn’t shoot dirty at all and I run it with a YHM Stinger and Spectre II (both 5.7 rated). I’m actually looking for a threaded barrel for my FiveseveN pistol...

Has a little cheap red dot on it now, but I’m looking for one that is nv rated for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Nice! Pardon my ignorance, but what goes in the actual magazine slot on the receiver, if the magazine is on top of the barrel like that?

Comment

Nothing goes in the magwell

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by RedRaider323 View Post
            Nice! Pardon my ignorance, but what goes in the actual magazine slot on the receiver, if the magazine is on top of the barrel like that?
            Brass ejects out the magwell. Some guys use a gutted magazine to catch brass.

Comment

It's not dirty like rimfire. I wouldn't hesitate to run it through a can.

Comment

[QUOTE=lglidewell;13736735]My 11.5” 5.7 SBR doesn’t shoot dirty at all and I run it with a YHM Stinger and Spectre II (both 5.7 rated). I’m actually looking for a threaded barrel for my FiveseveN pistol...

Never shot me of those, but I’ve always wondered how well those 5.7 guns run with the sideways mounted magazines. Obviously they work as designed, though.

Comment

Jacketed rounds, no concern with lead fouling. Run it through any of yours cans and don't look back!

Comment

Working...
                  X