What video device y'all using?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What video device y'all using?

I'm not trying to produce 4k high res video's or anything, but I'd like to buy a budget friendly (with app) camera to place on a tpost or feeder pen leg to video animals and shots while I'm in the blind(s). What I'm currently looking at purchasing is the Reolink Argus 2 that would allow me to utilize an app for real time video and has the capability of motion detect auto recording. It also could be used in a variety of other applications for home/work/portable security. I wouldn't be connecting it to my home wireless network or anything so it'd be used almost strictly with a Bluetooth connection while in stand or used as a standalone video recorder with its onboard memory.

For roughly $175, I could get the wireless camera, a few different mounts, a solar charger (if even needed) and a camo skin for it...

Reolink Argus 2 is a 100% wire-free 1080p home security camera powered by a rechargeable battery or solar panel, featuring 2-way audio and clear night vision.

Anyone have it or used anything similar? I really wouldn't mind a GoPro, but don't feel like dropping that much cash for something I may not get all into. However, it would be nice to use it with some thermal and nv setups...

in...

Comment

great idea , can you alter the footage though ? I can see why this would be great to watch none stop for sure , but one would think it needs a signal as well so how will that work if its out in the woods ?

Comment

I don’t know if the footage can be altered, however a couple of the reviewers mentioned it was possible, but I don’t recall what app/software they were using. I could go back and find it.
        As for the signal, it uses 2.4 ghz with a maximum outdoor range of almost 100yds (from what the specs show. But personally I’ve only seen 2.4ghz work about half that distance.

Comment

Search for the thread with fitfort in it

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
            Search for the thread with fitfort in it
            Thank you sir, I’ll do it!

Comment

I use my IPhone set to 4k

Comment

I had the first GoPro for 2 years straight but it kinda did not survive an unlucky fall. Did not buy anything to replace it yet.

Comment

I went ahead and bought what y’all recommended. Should be here Thursday!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                  X