Pulsar Trail experts needed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pulsar Trail experts needed!

I bought a XP50 and am learning how to use it. I've downloaded the Stream Vision app. However, it doesn't allow you to save the videos to your camera roll on the iPhone.

Is there a way to download videos to your phone without using a computer? If so, how do you do it?

Thx

Maybe Jason aka Outdoor Legacy will chime in.

Comment

I wish the Apex could utilize the app or even just record straight to my iPhone. I’m having a hard time dropping $200 for a mdvr and another $100 for external power supply.

Comment

Originally posted by Tye View Post
        I bought a XP50 and am learning how to use it. I've downloaded the Stream Vision app. However, it doesn't allow you to save the videos to your camera roll on the iPhone.

Is there a way to download videos to your phone without using a computer? If so, how do you do it?

Thx
        Once you are connected to the trail via StreamVision you can download the videos and pictures to your phone/tablet, it just takes forever for larger videos. I do not have an Iphone so not sure where they are stored once downloaded, but on my Android they are stored in downloads just like any other pic/video. You can also just plug the thing in via the micro USB to USBcable, power on the scope and chose 'mass storage' instead of 'charge' in the view window and it will enumerate on your computer/phone/tablet as an SD card. Downloads via the last method are much faster than the app.
        Last edited by -HIC-; 09-12-2018, 07:27 AM.

Comment

This is a work around but its super easy

Go to Settings > Control Center > Customize Controls, then tap next to Screen Recording.

Swipe up on the home screen and you can hit the screen record button and then hit play on the video and you're all set.

Comment

Originally posted by Throwin' Darts View Post
            This is a work around but its super easy

Go to Settings > Control Center > Customize Controls, then tap next to Screen Recording.

Swipe up on the home screen and you can hit the screen record button and then hit play on the video and you're all set.
            Thanks. That is a decent “work around”

Comment

HIC is correct. It can be done via the Stream Vision app but it's so SLOW. I tried it once, gave up and just plug it into the laptop and you're done is a matter of seconds. I know a lot of people prefer using their phone but the transfer across wifi for those large files is just too slow in my opinion.

The screen recording apps work but man you've got a $5,000 top of the line scope, you want to videos to be higher resolution and look really good if you share them.

Also, there is supposedly an issue of the sound not playing on the iPhone and you have to download a conversion app to make the file that the iPhone can play both the audio and video. That isn't an issue with the computer transfer.

Good luck and enjoy the scope!

Jason

Comment

Thx. My laptop is older than dirt. Just don’t want to crash it. Guess I’ll give it a try when I get some good videos

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Tye View Post
                  Yes, there is a way. I download using StreamVision in the field all the time, and it works great. I am going to assume you have an iPhone. If you are poor and have an Android, I will pray for you.

The most important thing is this: DO NOT TAKE LONG VIDEOS WITH YOUR SCOPE. Keep them under one minute. This will make your life so much easier.

This may seem like a lot of steps when I write it out, but it's kinda like that exercise in grade school when we had to explain how to make a PB&J sandwich step-by-step. Takes less time to do it than to explain it. Good luck and let me know if it works or if we need to tweak.

1. On your iPhone, navigate to Settings > Control Center > Customize Controls. Click the green plus sign (+) next to Screen Recording.
                  2. Go to the App Store and download the free app called "VLC For Mobile."
                  3. Open StreamVision and download one video off the scope. While the video is transferring from your scope to the phone, DO NOT let your phone go to sleep, or the transfer will cancel. You can set the phone to never sleep in Settings > Display > Auto-Lock.
                  4. While still in SV, tap the “i” next to the video you just downloaded, then tap Share, then tap Copy to VLC.
                  5. Turn the phone sideways so it's in landscape mode. Open the iOS Control Center (by swiping either up from the bottom (most iPhones) or down from the top right (iPhone X)).
                  6. In the Control Center, start a new screen recording by tapping the circle with a dot inside ⦿. Then open VLC and play the video. Then open the Control Center again and stop recording. This will give you a video with sound in your camera roll that can be edited or texted or whatever you want.

Jason mentioned something about quality differences. He knows more than me, but I cannot discern any difference between the quality of the video done the way I am describing above versus doing it on the computer. YMMV.

Comment

This entire issue could be easily avoided if the Stream Vision app allowed you to have the videos save into a .mov file. How they don't have it set up like that is beyond me.

Comment

Originally posted by Throwin' Darts View Post
                      This entire issue could be easily avoided if the Stream Vision app allowed you to have the videos save into a .mov file. How they don't have it set up like that is beyond me.
                      I think you would prefer .MP4 instead. MOV files are just as large and bloated as AVI, with the added detractor that they don't play nicely on PCs. Since the entire video is just 640x480 footage, I certainly agree that directly exporting it in a shareable format such as MP4 would be nice.

Comment

Working...
                      X