No announcement yet.

Night Vision hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I picked up the flir pts536 about 2 weeks ago. Haven't got the chance to use it yet, but will for sure this coming weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Tye View Post
      For those that have the PTS Flir thermals, there is a firmware update you can get from Flir.
      OTS-Support@FLIR.com

Here is what it fixes/adds
      Wow you actually got Karl to email you back?
      They’ve had my Flir for over 2 weeks for a repair and haven’t really given me any information. Won’t be buying anymore flir productss. After talking to others and being on some thermal forums FLIR’s customer service is really lacking. Going to stick with Pulsar moving forward

Comment

Been in the dark about every other weekend. Shots from 20 to 100ish. About 40% DRT shots. These were all solo hunts, wife busy with school starting. Got hairy one night in a mile wide, half mile wide field with no cover or anything to get on. Shot sow, babies came back at about 25 mph and I shot one the rest passed me at full speed about 2 feet each side. Little to no moon couple weeks back. They weren’t big enough to hurt me, but still 25 lbs in the chest when you ain’t ready would suck. One bigger boar squared off on me but he had 50 yds to close, he didn’t make it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by kkp005 View Post
          They’ve had my Flir for over 2 weeks for a repair and haven’t really given me any information. Won’t be buying anymore flir productss. After talking to others and being on some thermal forums FLIR’s customer service is really lacking. Going to stick with Pulsar moving forward
          He actually got back to me within 30 minutes of sending the email. I mentioned the complaints I have heard about with customer service. He told me they are consolidating part of the company. Right now, it sounds like he is the only one handling the customer support section for the thermal scopes. There are changes coming to that portion of the company. I believe it is moving to a different, bigger location. I will be buying a XP 50 in the near future

Comment

Originally posted by Tye View Post
            He actually got back to me within 30 minutes of sending the email. I mentioned the complaints I have heard about with customer service. He told me they are consolidating part of the company. Right now, it sounds like he is the only one handling the customer support section for the thermal scopes. There are changes coming to that portion of the company. I believe it is moving to a different, bigger location. I will be buying a XP 50 in the near future
            Originally posted by kkp005 View Post
            Yep. Thats what you get with FLIR. Their service is terrible. They have changes coming

Their high ups are anti hunters also. I won't give them a dime

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
              Yep. Thats what you get with FLIR. Their service is terrible. They have changes coming

Their high ups are anti hunters also. I won't give them a dime
              I was interested in getting a 536....but FLIR won’t get anymore of my money

Comment

Had a good night hunt using my digisights a few weekends back. Ended up with two grey fox that night. My hunting partner and I wished we stayed out later but we were wore out from working at his property all day. Only called for 45 mins at 3 different locations and got 2 fox.
                Attached Files

Comment

Used FIL’s Apex XQ38 on an AR10 last night. 11 pigs Pretty good night

Comment

Been watching these hogs via the drone down from my house, finally broke out the flir and mountain bike to cut down the distance, after watching the video I should have busted a few more!
                    Link to hunt..
                    This group of hogs presented a challenge to access their remote location over a mile in North Texas ranch country. The solution: locate the herd with a drone...

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0241.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	270.5 KB
ID:	24551622

Name:	IMG_0256.JPG
Size:	310.4 KB
ID:	24551623

Comment

Another successful hunt last week..

Name:	IMG_0320.JPG
Size:	226.3 KB
ID:	24552019

Name:	IMG002.jpeg
Size:	40.2 KB
ID:	24552020
                      Video Link

Comment

This past Friday night took my bro n law and nephew out for some hunting. Shot atleast 10 total, a coyote including these 2 boars.

Comment

Stuck on night shift so hogs get a break, gonna bait a few places and see if I can get some gator bait a going

Comment

I have a once used pts233 I'm going to let go if anyone's interested.

Comment

Pulsar's Newest and Least Expensive Helion Thermal Monocular... the XQ28

Full review of the newest and least expensive in the Pulsar Helion Series of Handheld Thermal Monoculars... the Pulsar Helion XQ28. This thermal monocular has been my crutch for the past two months..

Features of the Pulsar Helion XQ28:
                              - Internal Video Recorder
                              - 384 x 288 Thermal Core Resolution
                              - Rechargeable Battery Pack
                              - 17 Micron
                              - 2.3 - 9.2x magnification
                              - 8 Color Palettes
                              - Wifi capable

Full Review Video Here:
                              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtNRnaxFQd0&t
                              Last edited by HansETX; 09-14-2018, 01:32 PM. Reason: edit text

Comment

Originally posted by Z7X View Post
                                I have a once used pts233 I'm going to let go if anyone's interested.
                                PM sent Z7X

Comment

Working...
                                X