College Station Reel Repair/Cleaning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

College Station Reel Repair/Cleaning

I have been working for Fishing Tackle Unlimited repairing reels for a little while now. When I move back up to school in College Station I will begin cleaning and repairing reels. If at all interested contact me at 2817619819. I will only be accepting baitcasters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This Tiny Texas company is disrupting a 200 billion dollar industry!!

Comment

I've got some curados that could use an overhaul. How much do you charge?

Comment

Originally posted by kenner27 View Post
        This right hurrrr

Comment

Tagged for later

Comment

Originally posted by kenner27 View Post

I will be charging $20 plus any parts costs. Those reels are definitely worth the trouble to keep them running right.

Comment

Ima need to come see you, I picked up a 42 yr old Abu Ambassadeur No 5000 4 screw that looks to never been used.

Comment

Originally posted by lglidewell View Post
                Ima need to come see you, I picked up a 42 yr old Abu Ambassadeur No 5000 4 screw that looks to never been used.

I’d be happy to take a look!

Comment

Originally posted by Tylerj5699 View Post
                  I will be charging $20 plus any parts costs. Those reels are definitely worth the trouble to keep them running right.

I’ve got one that needs to be looked at.

Comment

Just curious how you can do one for $20, or even $40. I've been cleaning and repairing reels for years. I do it for friends, word of mouth, etc..never actually done it as a business or to make money, just a hobby. I've been through hundreds, and know the schematics on just about any reel. Problem is, to tear one down, clean it, flush the bearings, flush the drag, etc, then reassemble, takes me about 3 - 4 hrs. I'm efficient too, it's not like I'm running into problems, wasting time, etc..
                    I don't understand how tackle shops, can pay someone to do it, and make money charging $40 or $50 a reel. I've often thought about trying to do it on the side, but could never see any money in it. I would make about $6 an hr at your price lol
                    Maybe I just suck, and I'm not aware of it .

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
                      Just curious how you can do one for $20, or even $40. I've been cleaning and repairing reels for years. I do it for friends, word of mouth, etc..never actually done it as a business or to make money, just a hobby. I've been through hundreds, and know the schematics on just about any reel. Problem is, to tear one down, clean it, flush the bearings, flush the drag, etc, then reassemble, takes me about 3 - 4 hrs. I'm efficient too, it's not like I'm running into problems, wasting time, etc..

I don't understand how tackle shops, can pay someone to do it, and make money charging $40 or $50 a reel. I've often thought about trying to do it on the side, but could never see any money in it. I would make about $6 an hr at your price lol

I can usually do an entire breakdown, cleaning, and reassemble in about 2 hrs max. I’m really just doing it for some side money I college lol

Comment

Originally posted by gigem95 View Post
                        I’ve got one that needs to be looked at.

Shoot me a text or a pm

Comment

Working at FTU I did reels non stop for 8 hours so it became sort of a routine

Comment

Originally posted by Tylerj5699 View Post
                            Working at FTU I did reels non stop for 8 hours so it became sort of a routine

Do you put your bearings in a sonic wash?

Comment

Do you put your bearings in a sonic wash?

I will usually clean them without the sonic and if they are still bad just replace them

Comment

Working...
                              X