Sling TV vs Cable?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bakin7005 View Post
    If skipping commercials is a must then cheap streaming isn't for you. Some apps allow it, most don't. I dumped cable 3 years ago and will never go back. I still have to pay $60 a month for quality stand alone internet, $8 Netflix, and $25 for SlingTV, but I'm no longer being pimped by AT&T. Only thing I miss is Fox News and Discovery Channel. They got that sewed up tight. Good luck.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
    I have Fox News and Discovery with my DirectTV Now subscription on the basic plan. Just have to compare the lineups to see what you may lose to get them back.

Comment

Originally posted by quackadikt View Post
      I've got Sling TV and I've got all the ESPN channels as well as Fox Sports channels.

And I have Sportsman's Channel, Outdoor Network, and the Fishing Network channel.
      What packages to you have to get those channels? I wouldn't mind have the outdoor type channels back but thats how i ended up with UVerse450. I dont want to pay an arm and leg to see 2 channels

Comment

I looked at that...would have to give up Fox Sports Southwest and miss the Ranger games (if I traded DirectTVNow for Sling).

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Comment

The sports package and the heartland package.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

I really like DirecTV Now. We had Sling for a while and to get the channels we wanted it started to be way too much per month.

Comment

Man this just confused me more! I am going to have to go back to read and research all of this! Thanks for the replies though!

I know I want to be able to record shows or watch on demand style. Recording local channels would be really nice, but I don't think that is happening right? I do need kids channels as well as the sports and outdoors. Definitely want History and Discovery as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockley View Post
                Man this just confused me more! I am going to have to go back to read and research all of this! Thanks for the replies though!

I know I want to be able to record shows or watch on demand style. Recording local channels would be really nice, but I don't think that is happening right? I do need kids channels as well as the sports and outdoors. Definitely want History and Discovery as well.
                1. Sit down make a list of shows you must have.
                2. Then search what channels you can see them
                3. Then look to see which service you will need to subscribe to so you can see those shows.
                4. Decide which streaming device you want to use for the above. I have RUkO and it came loaded with tons of free channels and alot are for kids.

For movies on demand you can subscribe to Netflix, Amazon prime, and HULU and never run out of things to watch.

For tv series HULU offers the latest seasons episodes next day from original air date. Netflix and prime are like a year behind but sometimes you have to jump from one to another since they dont always carry the same ones.

With DirectTV Now you can add HBO or Cinemax for only 5.00 best rate I have found so far for either.

To record local first buy an antenna and test it to see if you will be able to get the channels you want to record. If you can then buy a DVR.

The main thing is remember why your doing this because if its for money savings you will have to give up some things to save. otherwise you will be right back where you started.
                Last edited by justintyme8303; 04-13-2018, 11:10 PM.

Comment

you will need to look at channel lineups but this may help. This is for TV services.

I have DirectTV Now w/HBO as my paid sub 40.00
                  HULU app w/no commercials when watching series 12.95
                  Netflix 16.00
                  Amazon Prime 99.99 a year but i buy alot online is why i have it finally using the video services.

So just over $77 a month plus my internet is $30 so about $107 a month from the $280 i was paying
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by justintyme8303; 04-13-2018, 11:08 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X