Help building back my St. Augustine Grass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RMW View Post
    Keep in mind, that the crab grass seeded out and there is still lots of seed in your soil. I would put pre-emergent atleast 3 times a year for the next 3 years , till the seed becomes non sterile. Then only once a year around mid February should be all you need.
    RMW,

What pre emergent do you like? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by BigYoung View Post
      RMW,

What pre emergent do you like? Thanks
      These are the pre-emergents that I consider the best. They can be used on any type of turf grass.

1. Ronstar 4-6 months of weed control but very expensive
      2. Atrazine/Outlook 6-8 weeks of weed control
      3. Atrazine/Dual Magnum. 4-6 weeks of weed control

Comment

Originally posted by RMW View Post
        These are the pre-emergents that I consider the best. They can be used on any type of turf grass.

1. Ronstar 4-6 months of weed control but very expensive

2. Atrazine/Outlook 6-8 weeks of weed control

3. Atrazine/Dual Magnum. 4-6 weeks of weed control

Is it atrazine that can damage roots of smalls bushes and some trees?

Comment

Originally posted by TallTexan View Post
          Is it atrazine that can damage roots of smalls bushes and some trees?
          Not sure about damaging roots of trees and shrubs, but I do know it will kill or damage a lot of different ornamentals in your flower beds. As for spraying your yard it's perfectly Okay. I don't even think a little spray drift would hurt much in your flower beds as long as you don't directly spray them.

Comment

So my front is good now. Need help in my back. What weed is this? And should I just burn it all and resod or just burn the weeds or waste them with weed killer?

Would cost me $65 to resod.

Comment

I aereated mine 2-3 times, put down Fertilome F Spot and sprayed with 14.3% Pro. Fungus is 95% gone away and it been 5 weeks since I did it.

I will spray the 14.3% again in a few days and aerate again as spraying is only temporary. Then will look at getting a big load of compost this summer to improve the soil for a long term solution

Comment

Working...
              X