Lake Tenkiller Oklahoma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lake Tenkiller Oklahoma

Does anyone know this area? My dad is 80+ years old and he wants my son and I to come up for the week of July 4th. Looking for things to do besides fishing and swimming and places to eat.

Originally posted by Robertt View Post
    Does anyone know this area? My dad is 80+ years old and he wants my son and I to come up for the week of July 4th. Looking for things to do besides fishing and swimming and places to eat.
    If you are looking for more to do than the three topics listed you will be searching a while

Comment

I know you said no food but Fishes bbq in Talequah is a good eat. I really liked this place back when.

You can float the Illinois River that feeds Tenkiller but not sure that's what an 80yr old would want to do.

Do the Cherokee history tour type stuff.

Comment

Thanks for the replies. Dad would not be floating but my step brothers and their families will be there including kids and grandkids. This will be like a mini family reunion. I'm driving up from South Texas 10 hours because I don't know how many more years he will be around. I would hate to regret not going. Taking lots of pictures and letting my kids enjoy the time left. His parents lived to 99 and 102 so he is probably going to be around a while but you just don't know.

Comment

I guess you could go arrow Head hunting

Comment

Originally posted by Darton View Post
            If you are looking for more to do than the three topics listed you will be searching a while
            If I was at Tenkiller I wouldn't want to do anything else but be on that water! Beautiful lake and beautiful area. l suggest Chicken Creek with a Zoom Ol' Monster worm in tomato red color after dark! The night bass fishing there is really good.

Comment

Working...
            X