Hunting with crossbow from Tripod deer stand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hunting with crossbow from Tripod deer stand

Anyone have experience doing this? I bought a crossbow not too long ago and I have a tripod I bought last year. Thought about trying it by a pond where I hunt every now again.

I hunted that way a few years ago after shoulder surgery kept me from pulling back a real bow. It's a lot easier imo to kill a deer with a crossbow.

Comment

my hunting buddy only uses a crossbow due to bad shoulders. He has got deer out of our tripod many times with it. crossbows is accurate and deadly.

Comment

I have longbows,recurves,compounds and a crossbow. I want to use one a few times so I can give a real opinion about them. Right now the only thing I can see the advantage is that it’s already drawn. Noise Increase makes me think the range isn’t going to increase. I shoot my bows better than average so accuracy isn’t changing to much. I just didn’t know if hunting from a tripod stand is a real option or not with a crossbow.
        I don’t have any real physical handicaps other than being fat.

Comment

Crossbows are faster than your bow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

My son hunts with one. He loves it. They are fast & powerful. He shot a 150lb bow last year hit the opposite shoulder & knocked him over. Hit hard enough it blew the nock out.

Comment

We have hunted from a tripod with a crossbow for the last few years.

Comment

Working...
              X