A bit of closure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A bit of closure

Last November, I was lucky enough to be in line to take the traveling bow Sacajawea out and hunt with her during the best part of our deer season up here. Up until that point, the season had been fairly slow, but I was optimistic in that something would show up sooner or later knowing what I'd gotten on camera throughout the early season.
    Anyhow fast forward to November 7th, and after sitting in a literal downpour all day, the weather broke and at 1:45ish that afternoon I got a chance at one of my target bucks. I felt like I did every thing in my power correctly, but the buck dropped a ton causing me to hit him high in the shoulder. The hit would result in little blood loss, a broken arrow with the broadhead still in him and my heart broken to pieces like a kid that just got dumped on prom day.......

I searched high and low for him both during season and after, never getting any more pictures of him that I was aware of. I did pick up a shed I thought was potentially his, but it had a big time broken of so I couldn't say for sure it was his.

Fast forward to this year, I finally got out to the place to put a few cameras out a couple weeks back and went to check them today. Low and behold, one of the first deer to show their faces...

I was shocked to see how big he'd gotten, but I honestly was more happy to see that he made it to live another day and I didn't lose such an awesome critter. Now, I'm sure hoping he gives me another chance so I can maybe retrieve my broad head out of his back from last year!!

Last years pic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hopefully he shows up and you can get the deal done !
    Good Luck.

Comment

Awesome!
      That is one he!! Of a deer!!!

Comment

Nice!!!

Comment

Wow , what a buck. Glad the buzzards didn't get him. Good luck !

Comment

That's a monster, Shiloh! Glad he made it. Hope you get him this year!

Comment

When you shoot him this year give me a holler. I'll just mark the spot on my GPS and that way I can come help you any time after that

Comment

Good stuff.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

Cool story, good luck

Comment

That's a great buck. Hope you get him this year!!

Comment

He's a beast! Hope you get another chance at that bruiser!!

Comment

That's a biggun! It's a relief when you find out they made it. Good luck with him this year!

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                          Good stuff.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk
                          This is not good stuff. Wounding an animal really blows.
                          Hope the OP drops the Indian stick and string method and kills this deer the next time. Wounding it twice would be disgusting..........

Comment

Originally posted by thorthunder View Post
                            This is not good stuff. Wounding an animal really blows.
                            Hope the OP drops the Indian stick and string method and kills this deer the next time. Wounding it twice would be disgusting..........
                            Ran a large lease in central Texas for 22 years. This is a lease managers worst nightmare. Great example why bow hunting should be restricted on most leases.............

Comment

Originally posted by thorthunder View Post
                              Ran a large lease in central Texas for 22 years. This is a lease managers worst nightmare. Great example why bow hunting should be restricted on most leases.............
                              Why are you on a bowhunting website? I have $100 that says Shiloh can outshoot you with his stick and string (since he is an IBO world champion and has won the Texas longbow shoot several times). He is also a really good hunter and a great guy.

Comment

Working...
                              X