thinking of getting my fiancee a bow...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Txnrog View Post
    If you really think she'll get into it, would give bob a call. Might be nice to get her a 'gift certificate' and let her pick out the make and woods. That said, would get her something like a samick if she's just edging into it. I want to get my wife into it as well, but think we'll have to go the compound route - she's tiny and just can't hold much weight at all at this point. I've had her shooting a trad bow, and she struggles with it b/c she's trying to aim at full draw.
    this is the problem my fiancee has when she shoots my pearson, she can draw and anchor it but she shakes and cant hold the bow steady enough to aim, ive got the damaged arrows to prove it. i did take a self bow that i have and put a slightly longer string on it to bring the weight down but i cant get it back in brace because of the string length so it shoots horrible. i do know that Bob Lee has a shop not 15 miles from my house so i might take her down there one evening and see what she likes.

Comment

The bow that I saw that other day from this guy sold, but if you are looking for inexpensive but good, I have never seen a bad review on any one of his bows I would check out maddog archery, (I won't post a link here, but if you google search it you will find it. Midsize'd recurves starting at $175 and the same for longbows. PM me if you can find a link and are intrested.

Chester

Comment

Neetz started just shootin with me, now can't keep her out the HER stand, lofton makes a good starter bow, and there's a lot of good bow makers out there
        and letting her help pick her bow is a great idea,
        hand me down's are a BAD idea. she needs her own gear,,,

Comment

haha she's not gonna get a hand me down, those are MY bows. im leaning towards a Ragim wildcat, or samick sage. i honestly dont expect her to hunt mainly because she's a bunny hugger, but i think we both enjoy it when we shoot together. i did find a Ragim wildcat kit on amazon.com that had everything she would need to fling sticks w/ me that isnt too overly priced so if she decides that she doesnt want to shoot anymore im not out several hundred bucks on a custom bow.

Comment

Personally, I would get her something like a Sage with interchageable limbs, this way you can let her progress to the point that she is comfortable in form and ability. THEN you can take the chance on dropping the bucks for a custom and will already be at a point in draw weight that you can buy a one piece if that is more appealing to her. It's a lot easier to eat the loss on a Sage in case she doesn't like it, than it is a custom bow. Also the Sage risers really "look" custom if you know what I mean. My wife was very happy with how pretty the Sage was that I got for her, but like with me, the new has worn off and she doesn't shoot anymore to speak of.Good luck with your endeavor!

Comment

i like the way you think larry. i think if i were to get her a sage and she stopped shooting for some reason i could just order a heavier set of limbs and i'd have another bow. i almost wonder if i can get lighter limbs for the PSE impala i have and set her up on that. on the other side i was looking at bows the other day and say a Ragim wildcat kit that had everything she would need to start, bow, stringer, quiver, 4 xx75's, sight, tab for $135 so i might go that route but i dont know how well the Ragim will hold up. so if any of you know anything about these bow's please let me know.

Comment

You should be able to get a set of lighter limbs for your Impala, that is the way to go or the Ragim set sounds good as well!

Comment

i will probably go with the ragim set because i wanna set that impala up for hog hunting due to the stabilizer bushing so i can put a hawglite on it. if i do get that kit im gonna set it up w/o the sight until she can shoot good w/o it.

Comment

Working...
                  X