Just finished my shower remodel.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So our master bathroom flooded from a busted valve a few months back and I’m finally getting around to starting the full bathroom remodel. First I installed 3/4” pine tongue and groove ceiling, and crown mold. Got it all painted white. And just finished the shower. Waiting on shower door. Next was floor tile. Got it laid and ready to grout. Seems never ending lol.

Before pics

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by Texas Stalker; 09-25-2017, 05:41 PM.

during pics

Last edited by Texas Stalker; 09-25-2017, 05:42 PM.

Comment

After pics

Comment

Looks good, nice work.

Comment

At first I thought that gold trim shower was your new one. Now I see that you've taken that out and replaced it with a VERY NICE tile (travertine??) shower. Wow what a difference. We had that same gold trim in my master bathroom until we went in and updated everything. We used travertine tile for our shower also.

Sure looks good. That stone floor looks awesome. Think it'll be hard to keep clean?

Comment

That really looks good. Congrats

Comment

Originally posted by quarterback View Post
              At first I thought that gold trim shower was your new one. Now I see that you've taken that out and replaced it with a VERY NICE tile (travertine??) shower. Wow what a difference. We had that same gold trim in my master bathroom until we went in and updated everything. We used travertine tile for our shower also.

Sure looks good. That stone floor looks awesome. Think it'll be hard to keep clean?
              I agree..looks great! I'm curious too how hard the grout in the base will be to clean.

Comment

Video of shower

Comment

Originally posted by quarterback View Post

I sealed it like 6 times. As long as you put down a maintenance coat of sealer once a year it’s super easy to clean. I do that to all the travertine. Floors, walls, backsplash etc.

Comment

Thanks for the good words. Still a ways to go but at least the hard part is done.[emoji846]

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Stalker View Post
                      I sealed it like 6 times. As long as you put down a maintenance coat of sealer once a year it’s super easy to clean. I do that to all the travertine. Floors, walls, backsplash etc.

looks great! really like the accent belt of tile

I've got the same pebble floor in my shower. house is just over a year old and no problems keeping the shower floor clean. just run a sponge over it every once in awhile. no idea how many times they sealed it (my guess is once).

here is a tip though for those interested. my parents were doing a remodel at the same time we were building. dad wanted the pebble floor also. they grabbed the wrong ones. mine and the OP's are cut flat, my parents grabbed the smooth rounded top ones. hurts your feet, or so im told.

Comment

Great job!

Comment

Thanks guys

Comment

Got the floor grouted last night.

Comment

nice!

Comment

Working...