Opening Weekend Weather

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opening Weekend Weather

Just peeked at the forecast for next weekend--highs in the low 80s and lows in the low 60s---

I'll believe it when I see it.... I can't remember an opening weekend in South Texas it didn't get up to the mid 90's+... Cautiously optimistic!!

Comment

Have a nice little front coming with rain and cooler temps! Definitely nice

Forecast showing 54 sat morning and 77 for a high! North wind will be terrible for my main setup. Have to go to another spot where no activity has been. Never know!
      Last edited by Antlers86; 09-22-2017, 12:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ACCURACYINC View Post
        I'll believe it when I see it.... I can't remember an opening weekend in South Texas it didn't get up to the mid 90's+... Cautiously optimistic!!
        Im sure you've had many more opening days than me and i can't agree more on that statement

Comment

58 at my place sat morning :0

Comment

No place to open bow season so I'm gonna take it out on the flounder ....

"Come here ya doubled eye, flat face bastages"

Comment

Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post
              Have a nice little front coming with rain and cooler temps! Definitely nice

Forecast showing 54 sat morning and 77 for a high! North wind will be terrible for my main setup. Have to go to another spot where no activity has been. Never know!
              Same here! Perfect S/SE/SSE winds all the way up until Wednesday, then bam! Shifts in the absolute location. Will have to hunt a low activity stand for NE/NNE wind.

Comment

85 for the high on opening day 61 for the low.
                I'm going to be totally useless at work the day before.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasArchery_27 View Post
                  Same here! Perfect S/SE/SSE winds all the way up until Wednesday, then bam! Shifts in the absolute location. Will have to hunt a low activity stand for NE/NNE wind.
                  I may just chance my spot. The mature bucks I'm chasing always come in down wind. Doesn't matter what direction it is they enter opposite every time! Smart jokers!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	opener.png
Views:	1
Size:	9.0 KB
ID:	24511137

If this holds true for my property in the hill country it'll be the coolest opener I've experienced in my 13 years bowhunting.

Comment

Ours looking good also in San Augustine. Can't wait! Coolest I can remember on bow opener in a long time! The evening hunts should be nice with high's in 70's.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by JonBoy View Post
                        [ATTACH]873891[/ATTACH]

If this holds true for my property in the hill country it'll be the coolest opener I've experienced in my 13 years bowhunting.
                        Now thats more like it!

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Well so much for that fall like weather down in South Texas for the opener!

Comment

Looks like were getting 7+ inches. Hahaha

Gonna have a muddy truck by Monday but I'll be there

Comment

Working...
                              X