Do your homework....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do your homework....

I just found the holy grail of funnels on a section of public ground that I've been hunting for several years. I've overlooked this spot dozens and dozens of times.
    There are several thousand acres that I hunt and I just found a spot where there are two creeks that come together to create a funnel about 75-100 yrds wide ( I know that's pretty wide) that has 2 very good trails along each bank just inside the edge of the woods. I can access one side from the creek with my boat (about 2.5 mile ride) for a South wind . The other side I can access for a North wind with about a 2 mile walk. Glad the predominant wind is out of the south! Lol
    At least a 1000+ acres on each side of this funnel. The creeks are deep and wide enough that I very rarely see and signs of creek crossings.
    Last season I unknowingly hunted about 1/2 mile from this funnel and saw a really old buck ( not big but legal) headed this way.
    I'm starting to get really excited about this upcoming season!! Trail cams will be placed this weekend!!! COME ON NOVEMBER!!!
    Ps.... I WILL NOT disclose the location nor which section of public ground!! Just saying!

Well done!
    Now if you see cameras out there already, they're mine. Just give me the old thumbs up snapshot and give me a little room.

Comment

Originally posted by JLivi1224 View Post
      Well done!
      Now if you see cameras out there already, they're mine. Just give me the old thumbs up snapshot and give me a little room.
      Will do!! I'll be the one with a very sad look on my face and a tear in my eye!! Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Randy Madden View Post
        Will do!! I'll be the one with a very sad look on my face and a tear in my eye!! Lol
        Haha! Plenty of room and hunting days man. We'll share custody.

Comment

Good luck Randy! Sounds like I good spot to ambush ol mossback! I have found several spots over the years like you're describing, they produce year in, and year out, if ya hunt em right and keep em fresh! And I know you will! Good Huntin, and God Bless, Rusty

Comment

Originally posted by Randy Madden View Post
            Ps.... I WILL NOT disclose the location nor which section of public ground!! Just saying!
            But.... but... but.... this is where I come to do my homework

Hope you found the fountain of venison

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

Lol, Scott that puts you in the 90% bracket!!

Comment

Sounds like a good spot!! Good luck!!

Comment

Sounds like a great place. Any bears in that area? Oh wait! You've already killed a bear! Good Luck this year Randy.

Comment

Heck ya! Always a good feeling when you find a spot like that. Good luck!

Comment

Working...
                    X