Thoughts on Black Eagle Vintage arrows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thoughts on Black Eagle Vintage arrows

I shot Easton Axis trad. arrows with my last bow. I let the arrows go with the bow as the new bow calls for arrows with a 500 spine.

I can get the Black Eagle Vintage 500 arrows locally.

Anybody got experience with the Black Eagles?

I have them. So far they are the best arrows I've bought. They aren't inexpensive though.

Gary

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
      They aren't inexpensive though.
      Funny thing about anything with Traditional written on it. The Eastons weren't cheap either, but were great arrows and held up real well.

I have access to Black Eagle through C Jones at Broadhead Barn, and I'd rather trade with a local shop than buy from an online business when I can

Comment

I bought mine at CCR. Same price as buying them directly from Black Eagle.

Gary

Comment

I've seen several people shooting them. I bet Charles can hook up up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I carry them as well. They are good arrows. The ONLY reason I don't shoot the vintage is because they come out heavier than I like with my broadhead.

Comment

Maybe but they are better quality than the zombie shafts. If I was independently wealthy I would just buy a gross box of them and shoot forever . . .

Gary

Comment

Thanks, y'all.

Comment

I have a dozen in 350 and 400. They are bullet proof, I've bounced them off concrete blocks and still held up. They are also one of the only arrows I've found that you don't have to float to find the true spine for alignment. I like them a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                    Maybe but they are better quality than the zombie shafts. If I was independently wealthy I would just buy a gross box of them and shoot forever . . .

Gary
                    What makes you think that, Gary? I always love to hear what makes a better quality shaft. Lots of people think its because one is more bullet proof, and rightfully so, but look at the difference in weight between the zombie slayer and the vintage arrows.

In 400 spine, the Zombie weighs 7.5 gpi, the vintage weighs 9.2 gpi. One shaft weighs around 19% heavier right out of the box. The extra weight would obviously account for the extra toughness as the extra weight would only add more layers of carbon or a thicker carbon in itself, and both would equal a tougher shaft.

I always love to hear how "tough" arrows are. Just look at the Gold Tip Heavy Hunter shafts that are about as tough as they come. They weigh in at over 12 gpi.

I will finish by making a bad analogy. Look at older vehicles vs new. Older Vehicles were much tougher than these aluminum bodied Fords currently being made, but these new fords are much more efficient. It's a give and take relationship between toughness and weight.

I like to shoot around a 475-500 grain finished arrow weight with around 225 up front(insert and head)

Comment

The differences in just how the fibers handle the cutting of the shafts tell you a lot. The consistency of insert fit. For example, nock fit in the Vintage shafts is tight and seems about the same. The Zombies they twist easily and even pull out easily.

Gary

Comment

I had some several months ago, they are quite durable and flew excellent, but like above said , they aren't cheap...I shoot the Black eagle rampages with 100 grain footies, not as durable but fly brilliantly

Comment

Interesting, I guess I wouldn't use them because they are still too light for my liking. For my arrow setup/weight, I need something in the 10gpi range, for which the CE Heritage shafts fit the bill.

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
                            Interesting, I guess I wouldn't use them because they are still too light for my liking. For my arrow setup/weight, I need something in the 10gpi range, for which the CE Heritage shafts fit the bill.

You could alsways add the weight up front and increase your FOC.

Comment

Originally posted by Danielb89 View Post
                              You could alsways add the weight up front and increase your FOC.
                              I could, but I am happy with my FOC at 20%.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X