Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone here wear 5.11 or other Tac, TDU, Cargo pants?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone here wear 5.11 or other Tac, TDU, Cargo pants?

It's highly likely my next job will be supporting training in Yuma AZ. I was told the recommended dress code for this assignment is "some kind of tactical pants - like 5.11's, and a polo shirt". Jeans are out. I was told I'd roast in jeans in the desert.

I've never owned a pair, so I started looking on 5.11's site. Tons of styles. I think I like the look of the "TDU" style, but not sure if that's what I should get.

Any recommendations from those who have worn / currently wear them?

All the best,
    Glenn

Get TDU
    I have both and they are rugged and take a beating (rocks in desert will nic and cut pants), 5:11 soft,flexible and liteweight, but don't let that fool yeah they tuff

Sent from my SM-T280 using Tapatalk

Comment

I have some 5.11 button up shirts but none of the pants. Love the shirts. They are made of quality materials.

Look at lapolicegear.com They have their own brand along with 5.11, Magpul, and others. You can find some really good deals in their close out section.

Comment

I bought 2 pairs of these a few years ago when they were on sale for $20, have held up really well. That website usually has a ton of stuff on sale too.

LAPG Atlas pants are the pants you need. Tough yet comfortable, these Atlas tactical pants won’t let you down no matter what you put them through. Shop now.

After looking again, this is what I bought.

Our LA Police Gear men’s urban ops tactical pants are the only pair of pants you’ll need. These convenient and comfortable pants are tough and affordable.
        Last edited by jshouse; 11-01-2018, 09:07 AM.

Comment

I wear 5.11 Taclite pants all the time. Just ordered two more pairs for myself and one for the GF from Gall's. They're very comfortable and durable.

Comment

I've gotten a few of the LAPG-brand cargo pants from the website jshouse posted and like them. They're usually cheaper than 5.11 and some of the other popular brands. I have no experience with any of the other brands, though.

I will say that one of my LAPG-brand cargo pants got a hole along the front thigh when I had to crawl through a small, metal, corrugated culvert. I don't know if another brand would've held up, but thought it was interesting that my nike long sleeve thermal shirt did not tear a hole in the process. So I don't know if that means they're more prone to tearing or it was just one of those things that would've happened to any pair of pants regardless of make and brand given how I had to drag my thighs across the culvert. Thought it was worth mentioning, though.

Also, I noticed the LAPG-brand cargo pants will shrink a bit when washed and dried in a dryer - maybe by 1/2" to 1" in the inseam. Just another thing to think about if you decide to order a pair of those. Otherwise, their prices usually can't be beat. Be prepared to wait a week or two when ordering from them, though.

Comment

We wear the 511 Taclite at work as well, great pants, tough, and many useful pockets.

Comment

I wear several 5.11 pants. Also Carhart just came out with some that have the ripstop fabric. They are really nice and cheaper than the 5.11

Comment

We wear the 5.11 Taclite pants as well. Good quality and durability. Another brand to look at is VERTX, I have a couple pair of these and prefer them over the 5.11 for comfort.

Comment

I wear 5.11 and Tru spec all the time.

Comment

Been wearing 5.11s five days a week for almost 6 years. I prefer them over the tru spec. The newest 5.11s have some form of teflon spray on them that does pretty well with dew and light rain

Comment

I believe that 511 Tactical has a store in San Antonio. You could try them on to see if you like the fit.

Comment

I second the lapolicegear.com I bought a lot from them in the past. 511 and their brand. Watch their brand some of them used to have tie type cuffs.

Comment

5.11's are THE ONLY pants I wear now, work and play. They are comfortable as hail and wear better than anything I've ever had (I'm an Arborist and spend quite a bit if time climbing trees).

Comment

I don't know the model, but i have a pair of 5.11's are like them a lot. I'm planning to get another pair this year. Very Comfortable and have held up well.

Comment

Working...
                              X