Snake Boots (Most Comfortable)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking to get some new boots and figured I would grab some with extra protection from the rattle bugs. Unfortunately I do not have the most structured feet causing pain pretty quick with subpar footwear so Im needing the most comfortable pair there is as I will be wearing these 24/7 at the lease.

Looking at the LaCrosse, Danner's, Irish Setters and Chip's.

LaCrosse's

Danner's

Irish Setter's

Chip's

Which would you guys recommend from that patch?

Thanks ahead of time

I've had the danner pronghorns and now the Chippewas. My preference is the Chippewas. More comfortable, not as hot, and no laces to catch stickers/mud. I wouldn't hesitate to get a pair of pronghorns if I caught them on a deal though. I had them for 6 years before the liner came unglued

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have chips and lacrosse. I wear my lacrosse a ton, and love them. In fact we all use them now, and most of us actually have more than one pair of the lacrosse.

Edit...just looked. We have the lacrosse snake proof rubber boots. Not the lace ups.
      Last edited by CastAndBlast; 10-28-2018, 08:11 PM.

Comment

I have the Lacrosse boots in your link and have worn them the last 15 months. They are very comfortable in fit; HOWEVER, they are hot as haides and the zipper gets sticky with dust and wear. I'm currently looking for another pair myself that won't be so dang hot.

Comment

I’ve been wearing the Chips (same pair) for about 10 years. They are tough boots, look cool, aren’t a pita to lace up (because they don’t have laces), are comfortable once broken in.

The bad, they are a %#€*^+! To break in, I had a knot on my heel for a year after I got them. They are not for long, long distance walking (I did ten miles one day and again my feet took a week to recover).

For walking less than 5 miles a day and general hunting I don’t think you can beat them. The only thing I would change (and I did) is take them to a boot store and get pull up straps added to them as they can be a booger to get on if your socks are a little damp.

Comment

Originally posted by CastAndBlast View Post
            I have chips and lacrosse. I wear my lacrosse a ton, and love them. In fact we all use them now, and most of us actually have more than one pair of the lacrosse.

Edit...just looked. We have the lacrosse snake proof rubber boots. Not the lace ups.
            Im A-okay with rubber boots also.

Are these the pair you are referring to?

https://www.cabelas.com/catalog/prod...ef=prd2421146#!

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
              Im A-okay with rubber boots also.

Are these the pair you are referring to?

https://www.cabelas.com/catalog/prod...ef=prd2421146#!

No sir, these are them. I haven’t seen the Aeros. May have to give them a shot too.

LaCrosse Footwear makes multi-season leather and rubber boots, hunting boots, waders, work boots, safety boots, safety apparel, uniform boots, fire boots, and high-performance socks.

Comment

Love my Lacrosse lace/zip up boots

Comment

I have the Irish setters and love them, hiked all over Matador WMA last year in them and never had a issue. Only negative is the laces opposed to slip ons

Comment

I have the Danner’s w/o laces, most comfortable boot I have ever owned. So far they have lasted 15+ years

Comment

I have lacrosse rubber snake boots and in my opinion they are the best. I literally own all the others you listed as well and nothing compares. No laces, water proof, comfy, not too hot. Oh... and they are rubber.

Comment

I have the danner pronghorn boots. Regular pronghorns not the snake boots but i imagine the fit and comfort is the same except the snake boots will be a lot hotter. I have walked no telling how many miles in them quail hunting and they are super comfortable with almost no break in time. If you need a really structured fit right these will probably be better for you right out of the box. That being said i have the Chippewa snake boots too. They are awful out of the box and take some time to break in. I got blisters the first time i wore them even with thick socks. However, now they are my favorite boots by far. Broken in they fit my foot like a glove and are a joy to wear. Hell, I'd wear them to work everyday if I wouldn't look like such a goober walking around town in them.

Comment

Danners are way more comfortable in my opinion than Chippewas. I own and wear both, but the Danners are more comfortable for me.

Comment

Not on your short list but Justins are real comfortable on my feet

Comment

I like my Irish setters a lot. Hiked 10 miles and biked almost 50 miles in 5 days last year at Leguna Astacosa without a problem.

Comment

Working...
                              X