Ragin Blaze Boudin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wanderin39 View Post
    Where did you get the Ragin mix? Have to try this, going hunting in a few days.
    Cajun Blake right above my post. Send him a PM

Comment

Looks dang good!

Comment

I use deer meat instead of liver, gives it a great flavor. Always have deer meat, never liver around!!

Comment

nice work guys on all counts....

Comment

Looks awesome

Comment

We made some of Cajun Blake's about a month ago. Best boudin I've ever had.

Comment

Just finished making this with 21# of wild pork we feed out for a few months. Had it on crackers for lunch and the rest is chilling getting ready for stuffing tonight. I must say this is some of the best I've had.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonH View Post
                  Just finished making this with 21# of wild pork we feed out for a few months. Had it on crackers for lunch and the rest is chilling getting ready for stuffing tonight. I must say this is some of the best I've had.
                  make boudin balls, stuff with jalapeno pepper jack cheese, and fry

you will be in heaven

Comment

I'm no chef .. I will pm address for a sample

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
                      make boudin balls, stuff with jalapeno pepper jack cheese, and fry

you will be in heaven

It works better with the american pepper jack cheese you get at the deli counter of the grocery store. Have them cut you a block about 3/4" thick and cut that into cubes and let it come to room temperature for several hours before making the boudin balls.

Letting the cheese come up to room temperature seems to be very crucial to get a good melt. We tried some at Bownanza with cheese that hadn't come up to room temp and it just didn't melt very good but we found a stray boudin ball stuffed with cheese that had sat out an hour or so before being fried and it had a lot better melt than the ones with cheese that was still cool.

I'm going to try the cheese stuffed boudin balls again this weekend since we are frying meat pies for Easter. I'll post results.

Comment

Originally posted by LemmeOut View Post
                        It works better with the american pepper jack cheese you get at the deli counter of the grocery store. Have them cut you a block about 3/4" thick and cut that into cubes and let it come to room temperature for several hours before making the boudin balls.

Letting the cheese come up to room temperature seems to be very crucial to get a good melt. We tried some at Bownanza with cheese that hadn't come up to room temp and it just didn't melt very good but we found a stray boudin ball stuffed with cheese that had sat out an hour or so before being fried and it had a lot better melt than the ones with cheese that was still cool.

I'm going to try the cheese stuffed boudin balls again this weekend since we are frying meat pies for Easter. I'll post results.
                        I may have to try this just to test your theory on room temp cheese

Comment

so good!!!

Comment

Man those look good, the balls and the links.

Comment

We'll be frying boudin balls tomorrow but tonight I am experimenting with some of the boudin I made with Blake's recipe.
                              The loose boudin is wrapped up in a thin cut, boneless pork steak. They are on the smoke now. I am guessing they will be ready close to 7.

Not sure what to call it.

Not sure what to call them.

Comment

I might call it something simple and catchy like Smoked Loose Boudin Wrapped in Thin Cut Pork.

Or maybe Boudin Wraps.

Boudain Wraps if it is in TX.

Comment

Working...
                                X