No announcement yet.

Found a car in my woods today!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes sir it is one of these body styles or it could be a touring which is a four seater
    Attached Files

Comment

Metal detector around that area might find some more cool stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaybo31 View Post
        This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Comment

Originally posted by Jaybo31 View Post
          Absolutely! Plan on dialing down the iron rejection or turn it off completely and just dig everything. Will take dedication but no doubt he’ll probably find all kinds of bolts and who knows what all else.

Comment

just an idea of worth the roadster body that I bought for my hot rod was in really good shape all there with the orignal floor boards no rust,I paid 2500 for it ,so I would guess the cowl might bring a couple hundred bucks frame is not worth much, A complete restored 27 T goes for around 12-15,000 so there are not to valuable,they just made to many LOL millions of them were made

Comment

Originally posted by Worksalot View Post
              Absolutely! Plan on dialing down the iron rejection or turn it off completely and just dig everything. Will take dedication but no doubt he’ll probably find all kinds of bolts and who knows what all else.
              I bought a cheapy detector few years back and ran it not too far from the car (did not know car was there). I did find what looked like a carb. Heck, I have found wrenches disking food plots! I think these people specialized in losing things? There is an old home site with a rock well. We did get in well and sifter diet from bottom hoping to find stuff, but came up empty.

Comment

The well. First timers always want to look down in it. That’s an old Halloween Skelton.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2F704F38-2AC0-47C9-AB5C-E665F6301734.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	108.9 KB
ID:	24555749

Comment

Originally posted by mudkat View Post
                  Yes sir it is one of these body styles or it could be a touring which is a four seater
                  Is there a way to tell if it was a truck? Thanks for posting those pictures.

Comment

Originally posted by Anvilheadtexas View Post
                    I bought a cheapy detector few years back and ran it not too far from the car (did not know car was there). I did find what looked like a carb. Heck, I have found wrenches disking food plots! I think these people specialized in losing things? There is an old home site with a rock well. We did get in well and sifter diet from bottom hoping to find stuff, but came up empty.
                    I hear ya. An acquaintance had me searching his ranch where travelers back in the 1800’s were known to stop and rest at a well near the creek. He thought maybe I’d find coins. But I told him that with as much erosion as there is and how high the water gets, any coins or other objects would be under several feet of soil. Trespassers had dumped so much debris and cans in and around that well for decades that it was futile to expect finding much of anything.

Sounds cool that you’ve at least found some items.

Comment

Originally posted by Worksalot View Post
                      I hear ya. An acquaintance had me searching his ranch where travelers back in the 1800’s were known to stop and rest at a well near the creek. He thought maybe I’d find coins. But I told him that with as much erosion as there is and how high the water gets, any coins or other objects would be under several feet of soil. Trespassers had dumped so much debris and cans in and around that well for decades that it was futile to expect finding much of anything.

Sounds cool that you’ve at least found some items.
                      Yes. I may do some more, but there is lots of metal in those woods!

Comment

The well. First timers always want to look down in it. That’s an old Halloween Skelton.

[ATTACH]927868[/ATTACH]
                        That is awesome!

Comment

Is there a way to tell if it was a truck? Thanks for posting those pictures.
                          From what I can see it would be hard to tell , I think all the frames would be the same and the cowl part is the same between them, same as the doors it's from there back that would determine the exact model, Henry ford liked to use as many same parts as he could to save money!

By the way love the Skelton in the well that will get people stirred up, LOL

Comment

our place in Rusk county was a cotton plantation, and the big house was on our place, it had burned down in the early 1900's,All I've found is some old bricks from the foundation, I always wanted to run a metal detector over the site and see what we could find!

Comment

Originally posted by mudkat View Post
                              From what I can see it would be hard to tell , I think all the frames would be the same and the cowl part is the same between them, same as the doors it's from there back that would determine the exact model, Henry ford liked to use as many same parts as he could to save money!

By the way love the Skelton in the well that will get people stirred up, LOL
                              Thank you. I have wanted to fool more people, but man it’s kinda rough seeing their reactions! I bet it keeps kids off my place anyways! I will poke around some more on old car and see what I can find. There appeared to be other metal around it that could be part of it? Can’t wait for this weekend!

Comment

take some pics of whatever sheet metal you can find and maybe we can figure out what model it was !

Comment

Working...
                                X