Granger Lake Archery Hunting 2018-2019 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by travisn321 View Post
    Does anyone have a meat processor they like and trust close to Granger? Can’t decide if I’m going to use a meat processor or get motivated and do it myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Closes one to Granger is Westphalia meat market in Hutto. There good and have fair prices. YOU need to take your animal to them already quartered up.

Comment

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
      Lake is 8 feet high, with the flooding are they holding back the hunters like some of the other WMA's?

Bring your waders and use good judgment. I brought the boat, but more as a fishing backup in case the boy gets bored. I completely forgot about the lake being high.

Comment

Originally posted by Spoiled_TN_boy View Post
        Bring your waders and use good judgment. I brought the boat, but more as a fishing backup in case the boy gets bored. I completely forgot about the lake being high.

Dang it hadn't planned on using waders...may have to stop at Cabela's in Waco on the way down.

I tried calling on Wednesday and got no one. Going to check in again today.

Comment

Been scouting the last 2 weeks, mostly re visiting old areas that I'm confident in, killed deer at a few of them back in the Trey & Coffey days. A lot more traffic than there used to be - that's for sure. I can't believe all the remanants of hunting gear /stands I've stumbled on out there. See you all tommorrow. Good luck to all.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T377A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Spoiled_TN_boy View Post
            1 day to go!!

Don't worry guys/gals. If you need advice on where to hunt, hit me up. I'll be more than happy to share all my OnX files and data points. With over 70 miles logged scouting up to today, I have a pretty good handle on the big boys, slick heads and hunters. We just have to play the wind correctly.

Live hunt with my 10 year old at Granger on Saturday and Sunday.
            Boat and truck loaded.
            Pictures to come!

Let's bring this thread back to life!
            Good Luck to ya Tn_Boy. I was out for the standby this morning but no draw for me so represent and good luck to both you and your son!!! Guess since I didn't use my luck up out there I should by a lottery ticket. Looking forward to your pics so I can live vicariously through you.

Comment

Man what crowd for stand by!?!?!?! I’m glad to have been drawn in the initial draw.

Post up results hunters.

Comment

Yeah-the crowd today was crazy! Correct if needed, there was 200 people at orientation today. Only 34 drawn permits of the initially drawn 50 showed up, 16 standby were lucky enough to drawn in!

Comment

Originally posted by sticknstring View Post
                  Yeah-the crowd today was crazy! Correct if needed, there was 200 people at orientation today. Only 34 drawn permits of the initially drawn 50 showed up, 16 standby were lucky enough to drawn in!

200 may be an under-count. There were 200 trucks out there probably. And yes 16 permits were drawn for Standby. I know of a TBHr that got drawn. Lucky bastage. Was the first ticket out the box.

Comment

Was the standby crowd as heavy as that year after Bones shot that buck out there?

Comment

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
                      Was the standby crowd as heavy as that year after Bones shot that buck out there?
                      Not sure but there were a solid couple hundred, prob closer to 300, guys there

Comment

Originally posted by txoutdoorsman24 View Post
                        Not sure but there were a solid couple hundred, prob closer to 300, guys there
                        I talked to the volunteers last night and this morning when checking in deer. They said 306 people put in for the 16 standby spots yesterday. There were only a little over 800 that put in online they said. Last year over 2000. Having to have AHP first cut a bunch out.

Comment

Originally posted by zins708 View Post
                          I talked to the volunteers last night and this morning when checking in deer. They said 306 people put in for the 16 standby spots yesterday. There were only a little over 800 that put in online they said. Last year over 2000. Having to have AHP first cut a bunch out.
                          Dang that’s a lot of standbys. I bet Most of them were guys they usually put in online and couldn’t bc they didn’t have the APH.

Did you kill a doe?

Comment

Originally posted by txoutdoorsman24 View Post
                            Dang that’s a lot of standbys. I bet Most of them were guys they usually put in online and couldn’t bc they didn’t have the APH.

Did you kill a doe?
                            I got lucky and shot one last night on the south side of the lake and this morning on the North side, so I’m buck hunting now.

Comment

Granger Lake Archery Hunting 2018-2019 Season

I got lucky and shot one last night on the south side of the lake and this morning on the North side, so I’m buck hunting now.

Were you just spot & stalking then?
                              Congrats by the way!!!

Comment

Dang it son that’s awesome. Congrats on the does, now get a big one

Comment

Working...
                                X