mud bugs boiled in clean unseasoned water = the best

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ryanwood08 View Post
    Can anyone that has done this for 1 sack of crawfish tell me how much Kayan and how much liquid boil they used? In the video he puts a lot and that seems like way to much for just 1 sack

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You can order his boil, he has 1 pound and 4 pound bags, I think the 1 pound bag will do a sack of crawfish.

Comment

Originally posted by RaginCagin View Post
      Mustard on crawfish? sorry but sounds disgusting. seems everyone wants to put their own twist and make boiling crawfish really fancy when its really a very simple process once you get the technique down of boil time and seasoning ratio.
      I seen were someone asked boil time, I read one that said 7 min. Is this what everyone does ?

Comment

I do 5-7 minutes. IMHO overcooking them is near Blasphemy!

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
          I bet $50,000 they.....oh wait...
          Hehehe

Comment

I wasn't even considering crawfish this weekend until I read this! So set me straight. 5 gallons of hot water, add in your spice of choice along with yellow mustard. Clean water boil the bugs (5-7 minutes after they go into a pot of water that's at a rolling boil) then pull them out and drop them into the slurry stuff that you made and put into a cooler. Close lid and let sit for 20 minutes? I"m guessing the veggies and sausage can be thrown in the clean water boil with the bugs or do you do those in a separate boil? We're only going to do 10-20 pounds for the family to munch on.

Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by Junkers88 View Post
              I wasn't even considering crawfish this weekend until I read this! So set me straight. 5 gallons of hot water, add in your spice of choice along with yellow mustard. Clean water boil the bugs (5-7 minutes after they go into a pot of water that's at a rolling boil) then pull them out and drop them into the slurry stuff that you made and put into a cooler. Close lid and let sit for 20 minutes? I"m guessing the veggies and sausage can be thrown in the clean water boil with the bugs or do you do those in a separate boil? We're only going to do 10-20 pounds for the family to munch on.

Cheers!
              I think you can just cook the potato, corn and sausage in your seasoned water, let the temp get back down to 140 ish before you drop your boiled bugs in it, let soak for 20 - 30 minutes and go to town.

Comment

Originally posted by Junkers88 View Post
                We add a stick of butter and lots of lemon halves to every slurry mix. The butter and the lemon makes em peel real easy!

Originally posted by mjhaverkamp View Post
                I think you can just cook the potato, corn and sausage in your seasoned water, let the temp get back down to 140 ish before you drop your boiled bugs in it, let soak for 20 - 30 minutes and go to town.
                Yep...the first slurry boil gets the taters, onion, corn and sausage
                Last edited by RascalArms; 04-01-2018, 12:13 PM.

Comment

One of many slurry’s. This one from last week.

Comment

Still like mine boiled in Swamp dust and clean well water then dumping a bag of ice on top and letting them sit for 20 minutes.

Different strokes.

Comment

Originally posted by Wampuscat View Post
                      You oughta try "Slap Yer Mamma" sometime

Yep

Comment

I did this method this weekend and I did 5 gallons of water, 10 pounds of powder seasoning and 8 oranges and 8 lemons in the slurry, I did 60 pounds this way and I had several people tell me they were the best juiciest crawfish they’ve ever eaten

Comment

Originally posted by Tx_Wader View Post
                          Still like mine boiled in Swamp dust and clean well water then dumping a bag of ice on top and letting them sit for 20 minutes.

Different strokes.
                          Well that’s cool I guess........but have you ever tried this method?

Comment

It's about to start happening here folks [emoji106][emoji889]

Comment

Gonna be a lot of puffy lips later.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by shiner78 View Post
                                Gonna be a lot of puffy lips later.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
                                Ha ha!

Comment

Working...
                                X