Rice football player on bobsled team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How many of you Rice fans know that a former player, Sam McGuffie, is on the U. S. Olympic bobsled team?

How many of you care?

How many of you are Rice fans? (We are a small, but determined lot. lol !)

Page Not Found (404): It looks like you're lost... The page you are looking for no longer exists.

Does anyone give a..... Hoot?

Go owls!

Comment

I care! congrats sam. usa usa usa! what comes out of a china man a**? rice , rice, rice!
      Last edited by waterdog; 02-17-2018, 09:04 PM.

Comment

Good luck Sam!!!

Comment

I did not know that. Good for that young man.

Comment

I remember the hype he had at Michigan. The boy was quick!

Comment

He likes to jump over people. That was his thing.

Hell of athlete.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

I remember Sam as he was was a stud coming out of HS. Initially played in the Big House and transferred to Owl U. because of injuries and being home sick.

kid definitely got wheels , crazy fast for a white boy

Comment

Good luck to Sam. My BIL played for Rice in the mid 50's....he has since gone on to the big game in the sky....He was a 180 lb guard....compare that to the players today...but he did come out of the oilfields of Odessa...which says a lot about him.

Comment

I remember he was a ****** RB in HS at CyFair....originally recruited to Notre Dame I think. I’ll never forget the game between McGuffie’s CyFair and Andrew Luck’s Houston Stratford. Both stars were amazing!

Comment

Todd Hayes played LB for us at Cisco Junior College way back when. Went to Tulsa from CJC. He ws from Del Rio of all places and drove a sled for the USA in 2 Olympics I believe.

Comment

The talent on this site never ceases to amaze me, Dave can coach football and prepare them for bobsledding. We will see some of his former players playing professional golf someday.

Comment

Originally posted by pure lefty View Post
                          The talent on this site never ceases to amaze me, Dave can coach football and prepare them for bobsledding. We will see some of his former players playing professional golf someday.
                          I don't know squat about football or golf. As far as anything winter. Me and frosty have the same figure

Comment

Yeah I remember the backside of his jersey as he ran past me, lol. He ended our (Lamar) playoffs in 2007. Hope he medals.
                            Last edited by sir shovelhands; 02-18-2018, 12:17 AM.

Comment

Some highlights:

Comment

Working...
                              X