• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
    Wood paddle spankings in schools.
    Yessir!!!

Comment

Girls jeans that had those two zippers on the front.

Comment

I'll say it again since it appears that nobody seemed to notice:

THE CHICKEN RANCH IN LA GRANGE aka / The Best Little Whorehouse in Texas. Google it.

Paid the place (no pun intended) a visit in June, 1970. Stayed there all day, I was 24 years old. It was quite a party. That doesn't make me cool by anybody's standards. All that was required was the right amount of ambition and enough US currency.

Bob Lee
        Last edited by boblee; 03-16-2018, 03:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
          The green CuradoSF

The CB radio

The standard transmission

Polished aluminum wheels (NOT BLACK)

Blued American rifles with walnut stocks

Dr King

Mr Reagan

.22 cal Benjamin pellet rifles

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dale I honestly believe you were born 40 years too late.

I do agree on the Benjamin pellet rifle. I still have mine, but the seals are shot out.

Mine is a .22.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post

I do agree on the Benjamin pellet rifle. I still have mine, but the seals are shot out.

Mine is a .22.

At least 60, probably more.

There are still folks around who will put new seals in those Benjamins. Mine was my dad's, it's around a '56 model. I can still blow up a GI Joe man, or kill a field lark with it.

Comment

There are still folks around who will put new seals in those Benjamins. Mine was my dad's, it's around a '56 model. I can still blow up a GI Joe man, or kill a field lark with it.

That ain’t no joke, those guns were straight nasty when tuned up.

Squirrels stood no chance.

Comment

I swear i diminshed the sparrow/ chimney swift population something fierce in the late 80's with a Benjamin pump in A-town

Comment

I still have my old Benjamin. It’s a B.B. gun though. Hell, after reading this, I had to take it out and hold it again.

Comment

Solid front axles on Chevrolet 3/4 and 1 ton pickups.

Comment

I’m 66 and if I told y’all every thing that I wish would come back I’d be banned

Comment

The Ford Broncos from the 60's.

Comment

Lawn darts

Comment

Originally posted by sierracharlie338 View Post
                            Old time babershops with the straight razor shave. They are getting harder and harder to find.

Sierracharlie out…

Used to go to Bears barbershop in Lampasas for the straight razor. He made me bleed just a little once , but I still loved it. Haven’t found another barber that does it since he closed down.

Comment

The green CuradoSF

The CB radio

The standard transmission

Polished aluminum wheels (NOT BLACK)

Blued American rifles with walnut stocks

Dr King

Mr Reagan

.22 cal Benjamin pellet rifles

Mine is a .22.

That ain’t no joke, those guns were straight nasty when tuned up.

Squirrels stood no chance.

This series struck a note with me. Dale, I have all those material things you mentioned, and that old Benjamin pump with the corn cob fore end is one of my most prized posessions... Still have my Sheridan 5mm too. I grew to like it more than the Benjamiin... Remember those old green Benjamin cans of pellets with all the oil on the pellets? Did y'all keep your spare pellets in your mouth!!?? It's a wonder I ain't dedd from lead poisoning...

And Justin, I have always said I was born a hunert years too late... but then I guess the Lord knew what He was doin' cause I'd a probably long been dedd or in jail, or hung if I'd been around when my grand pa was!

I used to know where every culvert, ditch, mudhole or pond was within a 10 mile radius around my home was that had little white crawfish and every catalpa (or as we called 'em ca-tobbe worm) tree was. You could catch 10 bream or goggle-eyed perch or little channel cats on one ca-tabbe worm! Lots of Catalpa trees around still, but haven't seen a caterpillar on one in many years.

I'd give anything for the old model 61 Winchester 22 that my brother traded off for a brand new shotgun!! I stayed mad at him for 15 years over that one... still makes me want to throat punch him sometimes... but alas, he's 80 years old now so I guess it's time I got over that....

GREAT Thread!

Comment

Oh and the barber shop deal... only one old man ever cut my hair from birth until I went to college in '75... Mr. Ellis Edwards at Ellis's Barber shop on North Raguet in Lufkin, Texas!!

Comment

Working...
                                X