Who's still in the hunt?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who's still in the hunt?

I realize the rut is probably winding down and many have tagged out or have decided they are too busy before Christmas to hit the woods again.

I am blessed to say I have not tagged out and I am still in the hunt. Here's one of my target bucks. Some may remember him from last year, but we are pretty sure this is Fat Albert. He is still the biggest buck body wise around, although he's more lean due to the rut.

What are y'all chasing in the Texas woods?
    Attached Files

Still waiting to release a arrow here

Eclipsed 100 hunts over the last 3 years for a specific ram earlier this week. Only thing I have to show so far is a sheep is apparently smarter than I am...
    Last edited by 150class; 11-30-2017, 04:41 PM.

Comment

I’ve hunted my butt off this year and ain’t seen jack doodly. The weather has been my enemy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Lol still waiting. Maybe some of the Duval guys can corroborate but I've spent probably 20 hunts total in the stand this year and finally saw some chasing the weekend after T'Giving. Our prime hunting isn't typically until mid Dec. Getting pretty excited. I've only stuck a doe this year so far. Finally caught a glimpse of a definite shooter (for us. 130 maybe) the other day. Hoping he makes a mistake and gets within range some time. Good luck, OP. He's a biggun! FAT Albert is right! Check the neck on that guy!

Comment

Still chasing here. Headed out tomorrow.

Comment

I shot a mature buck this morning in Montgomery Co. that was chasing a doe hard.

Comment

I got a full set of tags never seen a deer in daylight hours yet

Comment

I got my South Dakota deer last week, but have not sat in a stand in TX at all this year.
                Might get to climb a tree this weekend

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
                  Still waiting to release a arrow here

Eclipsed 100 hunts or the last 3 years for a specific ram earlier this week. Only thing I have to show so far is a sheep is apparently smarter than I am...
                  I thought you were joking!

Comment

Got a doe this season and still hunting for my first ever archery hog. Pigs have proven to be smarter than I.

Comment

Haven't used a single doe tag yet. Did get an old cull 6 point last month. Going back to the lease the next 2 weekends to hopefully fill some tags.

Comment

Headed back to Terrell County tomorrow as a matter of fact. Still got one buck tag to fill and I'm in the hunt for culls, pigs, sheep and coons.

Comment

I'm not finished but I'm thinking about taking a break this weekend and fishing instead...

Comment

Took a doe a couple weeks ago but have both buck tags. Most likely will only hunt one county the rest of the season, so really only 1 buck tag for 13" or greater. Haven't seen a spike on the property yet. Here are my current hitlist bucks. Any one of them I will shoot without hesitation if they step out. primo #1, longhorn #2, or Maverick #3

Click image for larger version

Name:	NewBuck4.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	40.4 KB
ID:	24521939primo #1

Name:	Wide spread.PNG
Size:	78.4 KB
ID:	24521940Click image for larger version

Name:	Wide spread 2.jpg
Size:	28.5 KB
ID:	24521942 longhorn #2

Name:	Maverick 2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	64.7 KB
ID:	24521941Maverick #3

Comment

Originally posted by txpitdog View Post
                              I’ve hunted my butt off this year and ain’t seen jack doodly. The weather has been my enemy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              Right there with you brother.

Comment

Working...
                              X