Game warden question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by one2bowhunt View Post
    One of the dumbest rules ever!! Here is a perfect example. I get what they are trying to accomplish however there are so many deer out there that will never make the 13" rule. I have seen and shot OLD 3 and 4 pt deer that won't make the rule in a restricted area but needed to be takin out out of the heard. I feel if they are going to keep this rule I feel there should at least be a cull rule for one deer.

Preaching to the choir

Comment

Originally posted by UltraMaxNCV View Post
      I wonder it there is 13" between the "main beam" and the good side???
      Not even close

Comment

You have that picture framed on a wall?

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
          Not even close
          I tried.

Comment

Not legal

Comment

Do you have a hammer?

Comment

Not not on wall. Took picture of my viewer with my phone.

Comment

Originally posted by one2bowhunt View Post
                  One of the dumbest rules ever!! Here is a perfect example. I get what they are trying to accomplish however there are so many deer out there that will never make the 13" rule. I have seen and shot OLD 3 and 4 pt deer that won't make the rule in a restricted area but needed to be takin out out of the heard. I feel if they are going to keep this rule I feel there should at least be a cull rule for one deer.
                  You're exactly right. So let's just go back to blasting every yearling buck with nubs protruding from its skull.

There's always going to be exceptions to every rule, unfortunately this buck just happens to be one of them.

Originally posted by Fightin' Farmer View Post
                  If he is mature and you don't want his genetics around I would take him. Just my 2 cents. The AR is a great thing but everyone knows it is for immature deer. I don't know a GW who would give you anything more than a warning if it is a truly mature buck. I know I'm gonna get bashed here but that is how I feel. Sorry fellas
                  And I certainly wouldn't post it on here asking everyone's opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
                    You're exactly right. So let's just go back to blasting every yearling buck with nubs protruding from its skull.

There's always going to be exceptions to every rule, unfortunately this buck just happens to be one of them.
                    Actually you can still bust Yearling bucks as long as it has a one inch antler on its head

Comment

I wasn't asking everyone's opinion. If you'll read the title, it says game warden question.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightin' Farmer View Post
                        If he is mature and you don't want his genetics around I would take him. Just my 2 cents. The AR is a great thing but everyone knows it is for immature deer. I don't know a GW who would give you anything more than a warning if it is a truly mature buck. I know I'm gonna get bashed here but that is how I feel. Sorry fellas
                        I agree with you about the AR being for young deer. I think you need to meet more wardens though, everyone of them I know would right you up in a second.

Agree that he should be shot but it is as it is

Comment

Originally posted by Tbone2227 View Post
                          I wasn't asking everyone's opinion. If you'll read the title, it says game warden question.
                          If you only wanted game wardens to respond then call them! Don't post it on here

Comment

I'll post what I want. Mind your business pal

Comment

You should probably contact a game warden then instead of posting it on an open forum. Their phone numbers are available on the TPWD website.

Pro tip: He is going to tell you no you can't shoot it.

Comment

I'll post what I want. Mind your business pal
                                I will post what I want too. Even on a thread asking a stupid question.

Comment

Working...
                                X