Skinny and FND Live Hunt Challenge 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No luck on the big boar. I followed crazy blood off the ridge and through the thickest crap ever. My arms are toast. I finally caught up to the pig with my arrow and nock still glowing in him but he was with all the other pigs and I couldn’t get close enough or see much through the thick stuff to shoot him with my 357. The blood trail was pretty whacked once he joined those other pigs. They trampled all the leaves on the trail. I’ll post kill shot videos later. I gotta get cleaned up and to bed. Lol

Pig #59 LDP

Skinny
    Last edited by Skinny; 11-27-2017, 12:00 AM.

Comment

Way to go Skinny!

Comment

Nice. This is an awesome thread

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Nice job hogdude!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Comment

Atta boy skinny!! Give me hell!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks guys...looking at the kill shot footage last night, it appears I hit him a little forward as he was slightly quartered away. Hindsight is 20/20 but with all those dang pigs there, I shoulda ran an arrow through one of the jumbo preggo sows that was standing perfectly broadside. Lol.

I might go try to find the boar after work, or I might not. [emoji12]

Skinny

Comment

Congrats on the porker. But .357? You need to get something with some firepower like a .454 so you can shoot through the brush, and still kill half the sounder with one shot.

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kilt. Gotta go!

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                  Congrats on the porker. But .357? You need to get something with some firepower like a .454 so you can shoot through the brush, and still kill half the sounder with one shot.

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kilt. Gotta go!

.357 Mag usually does the trick. I think I coulda got close to that boar if he was alone, but him being with the group they kept him moving down the trail just out of range.

Skinny

Comment

Congrats!To bad you lost the boar

Sent from my LG-M327 using Tapatalk

Comment

Here’s the boar footage filmed with my phone off my camera LCD screen.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WrGoxkBW2A&sns=em"]608 Boar 11-16-17 - YouTube[/ame]

Skinny

Comment

Got eeeeem!!!!!!!!

Found him dead right where I saw him with the group last night. Glad I backed out.

Skinny

Comment

Hell yeah and you didn’t lose an arrow. That ****** me off more than anything I HATE losing arrows!

Nice shooting

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Nice call! Congrats and nice video.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Comment

Pig #60 LDP

I didn’t take my bow down through that thick crap today...so it’s not in the pic. It took enough abuse last night. Lol. Maybe someone can photoshop it in for me! [emoji41]

Skinny

Comment

Here’s some better footage.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ewUDRpxor8&sns=em"]608 Boar 11-26-17 Sniper Hog Lights - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAeSbxB9-Bw&sns=em"]608 Small Boar 11-26-17 Sniper Hog Lights - YouTube[/ame]

Skinny

Comment

Working...
                                X