How Many Thermacells Do Not Work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How Many Thermacells Do Not Work

Right now I've got two that will not work. One striker is non functional and the other lights then goes out within two min. And these are not the first that I've had that quit working. Is this just my bad luck or is it common for them to tank after a year or two of use. God forbid hunting in the rain and expecting one to last.

Any way to get them repaired?
    Last edited by Thumper; 08-29-2016, 10:04 PM.

They work great when they work. Mine lasted a year before it ended up in the trash

Comment

Bad luck is my guess. Mine have been running strong for 3 years now.

Comment

Never had an issue with mine but I better knock on some wood now

Comment

My primary unit is 7-8 years old. My back up is 4-5. Zero issues.

Comment

I've got 3 that I use often when it's warm. Never had one fail yet. Been waiting on the piezo to to go out on the one that I got when they first came out.

Comment

I bought two neither one worked, buddy bought one and he couldn't get it to work either. Found out they don't work above a certain elevation very well, we are at 5280. So I gave up trying them here.

Comment

Originally posted by critter69 View Post
                I bought two neither one worked, buddy bought one and he couldn't get it to work either. Found out they don't work above a certain elevation very well, we are at 5280. So I gave up trying them here.
                When they work, they work, and I have to have them where I hunt. Are yours now up for sale, please put me in line?..............

Comment

Mine is one of the very first ones and it is still kicking it, if I can ever find the dang thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Silverstang View Post
                    Mine is one of the very first ones and it is still kicking it, if I can ever find the dang thing.
                    Haha. Me too!

Comment

Idk, I need a new one. Mine is around 8 years old and not striking

Comment

Never had an issue with mine

Comment

Both of my units are 4 or 5 years old now and are still working. Sorry you are having bad luck with yours.

Comment

Sent both my units back to Thermacel, and they fixed both.

I do not remember the cost, but it was more cost effective than full replacement.

Comment

I bet I have 5 or 6 of them and im pretty sure they all work.......... I use em and like em so much i pretty much leave one in every blind I put in the woods AND I carry a backup in my pack......... those things are lifesavers down here where I hunt.

Comment

Working...
                              X