F150 Oil Change Intervals and Preferences

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F150 Oil Change Intervals and Preferences

I have a 2014 with 23,000. I've done two oil changes since I've had it, and have gone strictly off of the oil minder on the vehicle.

My question is: should I do more of a 5,000-8,000 mile interval instead, and should I stick with the dealerships synthetic blend or go full synthetic.

5.0 engine.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Oil these days is amazeing, if it were me id be in the 8k range

Comment

I have a Ford, but not an F150, and the computer is set at 7500 miles for my oil change interval. 7500 miles is when I change mine.

Bisch

Comment

The 3000 mile oil change is a standard left over from a long time ago. Most factory manuals say at least 5k and it's likely much higher than that especially for synthetic. I do about 8k and non synthetic. 133,000 miles

Comment

I run full synthetic in all my vehicles. 6-8K intervals. Synthetic simply does not break down.

Comment

No matter how many times I ask the oil change shops still put a 3000 mile amount on the sticker

Comment

We just bought a new Ford Edge for the wife and they said bring it in every 7500 miles.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                I run full synthetic in all my vehicles. 6-8K intervals. Synthetic simply does not break down.
                Which oil do you prefer? Is it one that I could get at the dealership? I like to keep all my records at one place if possible.

Comment

Originally posted by firemanjj82 View Post
                  Which oil do you prefer? Is it one that I could get at the dealership? I like to keep all my records at one place if possible.

I like Castrol and Mobil 1. There's not enough difference in the top brands to say one is better than the other. They all you the same bulk oil, then just add detergents and what not for marketing.

Comment

Nothing wrong with Motorcraft full synthetic oil either if you are having the dealership perform the maintenance. May be easier on the pocket book.

Comment

I have the dealership do mine every 5k

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

2014 Toyota FJ Cruiser and manual and dealer say 10k. It uses a full synthetic

Comment

Ford wouldn't include a piece of technology like this unless it was tried, tested and proven
                          Change the oil as the computer dictates and get some money back for paying for that technology in the form of fewer oil changes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I use Mobil 1 full synthetic, every 15k miles

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Depends what I'm doing. If I tow my trailer a lot, I will do it at 5k. If not, 7500.

For example I recently did a long road trip where I towed it 3500 miles. Between the weight of trailer, high winds through OK, Kansas and the panhandle/west TX, and the small mountains/hills where the RPMs were above 4-5k; I'll change the oil this weekend since its now at the 5k range. I changed the oil the day before I left.

I have a 2011 F150 with 5.0 and use synthetic blend

Comment

Working...
                              X