Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rocky View Post
    This is a good answer.
    As stated, a longer sighting radius is inherently more accurate, but creates a shakier sight.
    Closer gives you the perception of holding steadier, and provides a little more yardage estimation forgiveness as each pin covers more yardage. (tighter pin gap).
    6 inches and under, while taking in peep size seems the norm.
    I like mine pretty darn close for hunting.
    So the closer, the tighter the pins are grouped?

Comment

Originally posted by sambo73 View Post
      Yes.

Comment

Originally posted by sambo73 View Post
        yes, that is correct.

Comment

Thx

Comment

Originally posted by muddyfuzzy View Post
            the longer the sight radius the more exacting the aim. the trick is to get it out as far as you can while still having a decent float pattern. the further away it is from the riser the more the pins will float and they will seem more steady when mounted in.

personally I think setting it to the peep is not the right approach. this can make the float pattern too quick and lead to things like punching. I just set it where I get the best sight picture then size the peep accordingly.
            I agree here. Get that thing as far out as you can and still keep your pin steady. The longer the sight radius, the more precise your shots will be.

Comment

The purpose for long sight bars is for accuracy.
              The closer the sight the more target the pin covers, top to bottom of a pin may cover 2 to 3 yards on the target.
              The farther the sight is from the eye the less target gets covered by the pin and the more distance between pins giving more target clarity.
              If you are getting pin movement, you may have a different problem, possibly draw length or cam position or rotation.

Comment

Working...
              X