Lining up pins and peep

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lining up pins and peep

Not sure if this makes since, but should I be lining up the outer ring of my peep with the outer ring of my pin sight? I was given a bow with a no peep and started in a no peep and I am making the switch to the peep. Any advice would be great. Thanks

That's the way I shoot. Large peep with the circle of the sight just inside it. Great for hunting. Easy to change yardages as needed and good for low light. The other popular method is a small peep and center the pin you want. May be a touch more accurate(not for me though) but is hard with low light and can be difficult trying to sort out multiple pins.

Comment

Most people that shoot multiple pin sights primarily use a larger diameter peep that when drawn back it centers the sight aperture (sight housing ) just inside peep diameter. If shooting a single pin sight, I heard that you center the pin inside the peep at full draw. Not sure if this helps but it may be your starting point. Of course, that is if the peep is already mounted on the string in proper alignment with your eyes and anchor point. You might want to also go to a pro shop so they can set your peep up in string properly. Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by docmay View Post
        That's the way I shoot. Large peep with the circle of the sight just inside it. Great for hunting. Easy to change yardages as needed and good for low light. The other popular method is a small peep and center the pin you want. May be a touch more accurate(not for me though) but is hard with low light and can be difficult trying to sort out multiple pins.
        Yep^

Comment

Thanks guys. They set it up at the shop but didn't have time to stick around and sight it in. Wasn't sure what I should be seeing when drawn back. Makes perfect sense.

Comment

Working...
          X