pretty dang frustrated right now...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pretty dang frustrated right now...

my customers are ducking and dodging and skipping me big time here lately.

WHICH, I understand that its slow right now... BUT, if you purchase something on credit, and make payment arrangements FOLLOW UP ON YOUR ARRANGEMENTS/"YOUR WORD"!

I have to feed my family to, but people not doing what they agreed to is making that tough right now.

YES, I am in the wrong business. YES, I am doing something about it (I am done, not selling anymore going back to what I used to do to pay the bills).

BUT, these people skipping or declined credit cards on pay days are making it harder...

Sorry, just venting. Dont have anyone to vent to right now. I am sighting down in a oil yard south of pleasanton...

Other people have to feed their families too.. It's a double edged sword.

I'm sorry. I hope your day gets better.

Comment

That's tough! When I was in retail, my boss used to preach "the sale isn't final until the money is in the bank!" I hated collections most of all, I think!

Comment

Originally posted by NannySlayer View Post

here is the deal. I am a tool guy.

so mechanics etc buy tools off me to use to make money... (expensive tools). I front the money for all that to stock my truck.

they get on my truck and want to buy said tools. OK, what can you afford? can you pay X down and X a week? YES! (is the most common answer).

THEN! 3 weeks later... well, I had a slow week. Or my wife spent all my money. or had to pay the other tool guy (that one ****'s me off the most).

if you cant afford buying off one truck WHY ARE YOU BUYING OFF TWO!

I dont know what they can or cant afford. so I cant write a budget for them or know not to sell them over 200 bucks in tools.

again, this points back to this is the wrong business to be in.

Comment

Originally posted by tgil View Post
          That's tough! When I was in retail, my boss used to preach "the sale isn't final until the money is in the bank!" I hated collections most of all, I think!
          thats a fact.

my grandpa keeps asking me "how are sales, thats important".

at this point I would rather have my inventory than make a sale that burns me. Then I have nothing to show for it. Money and tool gone... had 1100 dollars run away (one guy) earlier in the week. the one that ran today is 460. then I have a probably 10-15 that are 200 ish...

what do ya do?! I guess just swallow the pill and move on...

Comment

Welcome to today's business world.

I learned a long time ago people value the almighty dollar more than they do their integrity.

Comment

Originally posted by NannySlayer View Post

Then they shouldn't "buy" things they can't afford to pay for. If they walk on the payments they are stealing.

Comment

Are you not allowed to reclaim your tool for non payment? Sorry they are stiffing you, and hope it gets better soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Vermin93 View Post
                  Then they shouldn't "buy" things they can't afford to pay for. If they walk on the payments they are stealing.
                  I understand now with the type of work he is in. That is pretty crappy.

Comment

Certainly you have signed agreement that includes payment schedule, right?

Comment

Dude, why call me out on TBH!!!??? I told you I dont get my LoneStar card populated until tomorrow!!!!! I will still buy you those T-bones!!!! Geez!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntntxn View Post
                        Are you not allowed to reclaim your tool for non payment? Sorry they are stiffing you, and hope it gets better soon.
                        I can, and have... its usually a bad situation. these guys think they are entitled to the tool because they paid something (not all). Then say well if you take it back I want my money back that I have paid so far. HA! idiots.

my dad and I repo'd a 7000 dollar tool box a few weeks ago.

a ghetto san antonio shop, the guy went to jail (been blowing my dad off for a while before that).

my dad went by himself at first (his phone battery died), and 3 hispanic guys bowed up to him and told him to leave the shop bla bla bla. my dad said I just didnt want to swing first. Then after that me and him went up the next business day, and it was a different tune. it was me and him and there was just two of them. they had nothing to say. (more to that story just its better told around a campfire)...

Most of the time though these people are GONE...

Like the guy today for 460. he is in houston or louisana now from what I here. that tool is with him.

Comment

One brand of truck I buy from runs a credit application. If I don't get approved I don't get a product until I have cash. Do you run a credit check or a "tab"?

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
                            Certainly you have signed agreement that includes payment schedule, right?
                            yes. when first signing new customers on payment arrangements are made (lets say every pay day 50 bucks).

that is signed on the initial "reciept/contract"

I have had allot of "lost credit cards" lately though... my system saves CC's once I run them, but if they change cards I am SOL

Comment

Originally posted by Redneck Archer View Post
                              Sorry, just venting. Dont have anyone to vent to right now. I am sighting down in a oil yard south of pleasanton...

Hey, you're pretty close to my hunting grounds. Can you run by and check my feeders for me? And fill them if needed (corn and protein). I'll pay you later. I figured that you could use a laugh about now?

Sorry to hear your situation. Most people don't stand by their word anymore, nor take pride in their work. I hope things get better for you.

Comment

Working...
                              X