Flea pills for dogs ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flea pills for dogs ??

What's the difference between Comfortis which is high dollar $100 for 6 pills and the VetGaurd Plus sold at HEB for $20?

Does the VetGaurd work as good as Comfortis? Is there anything else I should be looking at for my dogs to kill and prevent fleas?

Trifexis is what we use.

Not sure the differences, but I know trifexis is much more than flea prevention. It controls heart worms and kills off ticks and other bugs

Comment

The Vetgaurd (similar to Advantage) and Frontline don’t work as well as a lot of products on the market today. They seem to last about 2 weeks. Simparica, Nexgaurd, and Bravecto are a newer class of meds that last 1-3 months depending on which one. Comfortis lasts a month typically, some dogs vomit with it. Sentinel is a great combo flea/hw preventative. It doesn’t kill adults but will keep you from getting an infestation.

Comment

Flea assassin is what we have been using for about a year, don’t notice fleas at all anymore. We were covered up last year, these pills and a couple yard treatments have been the best so far.

Inexpensive, safe and effective flea treatments for cats and dogs. Rapid Flea Killer and Flea Control is solution to your flea problem.

Comment

Not a pill, but this is what I use and have never had a flea on my dogs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Our dog has been on Trifexis for over 6 years and I've NEVER found a flea or tick on her. We have tons of deer in the yard every day too and you'd think she would pick them up from them.

Comment

I'd rather not pay $400 per year (2 dogs) for Trifexis or Comfortis. That just seems steep.

Is it bad to wait until the dogs get fleas to treat them? In 5 years this will be round 2 with the fleas...And it's a maybe. The Vet said it was fleas but only because he saw flea poop. Couldn't find and actual flea on either dog.

Comment

If your dogs stay your property and it’s a normal yard rather than a bunch of acreage, you’re better off treating the yard than the dogs. No fleas in the yard, no fleas on the dog. If there’s a ton of them where the dogs are laying around, you’ll be fighting them forever.

Some dogs aren’t bothered by fleas either, so a flea bath once in awhile is good enough. Most medications don’t actually repel fleas, they just prevent them from being able to lay eggs and reproduce on the dog. Mine is allergic to their bites, so nothing works, tried quite a few including comfortis. Flea bites dog, flea dies, dog still itches for weeks and scratches it raw.

Comment

Originally posted by KDinTX View Post
                  Flea assassin is what we have been using for about a year, don’t notice fleas at all anymore. We were covered up last year, these pills and a couple yard treatments have been the best so far.

https://fleaassassin.com/
                  I'm going to try these. Thanks!

Comment

go buy a big container of garlic powder and some beef or chicken buillon. Make a liquid gravy mix heavy on the garlic and feed to your dog once a day over their food. You will never have a problem with fleas or ticks. I used this on a dog that was highly allergic to fleas and for 15 years she never had a flea or tick one on her.

Comment

Bravecto.

Comment

Trifexis is all I will use now. Tried everything else and I have fleas in my yard

Trifexis does not prevent ticks

Comment

I heard Comfortis is the Generic brand of NexGard. NexGard is expensive at the Vets office.

Comment

when do yall put your pups on flea meds? my lab is about 7 months now.

Comment

i do the nexgaurd for flea and tick
                              and i do the over the counter ivermectin from on online retailer, its like 1$ per dose monthly

Comment

Working...
                              X