No announcement yet.

Any "treasure" hunters here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A good metal detector is what I've wanted for a long time. We have an off brand detector at work to find property corner pins, etc. but I want a good one to find some treasures with. Can anyone recommend a good detector?

Comment

I agree with ya'll. If I find a old glass bottle poking around in the woods, I call it a good day.

Comment

I am still like a little kid. I am always looking for "stuff". I have milk crates of old bottles and old beer cans that I have no idea what I am going to do with them. Now the arrowheads, cutting tools trade points I found are near and dear to my heart.

Comment

Yep. I have the affliction also!

Comment

Originally posted by quarterback View Post
            A good metal detector is what I've wanted for a long time. We have an off brand detector at work to find property corner pins, etc. but I want a good one to find some treasures with. Can anyone recommend a good detector?
            Minelab has a few out that are good. Depends on your $$$ though.

Comment

I got a Teknetics T2 a few months ago and really like it. It's addicting so watch out. Watch YouTube videos on different brands and see what you can afford.

Comment

Last month found perfume bottle from 1890’s. Hill country. Bunch of cans all over… old camp site I guess. Jean Onduline the bottle read.

Comment

[ATTACH]892404[/ATTACH]

Comment

I pick up random old things I find. Found a piece of a old pitch fork with my truck tire last year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Old trash piles are full of treasures.

Comment

I had an awesome collection of old bottles I had found and my wife at the time decided she didn't like them anymore and threw them away. Needless to say she is now my ex-wife for that and many other reasons.

Comment

Last Summer a buddy of mine and I were out shooting prairie dogs and we ran across some glass insulators. My buddy wanted to shoot them for target practice. I told him he was not because I wanted to keep them. He asked what they were and I told him "They're glass insulators. Hemingray 42's." He picked one up and read the side. He thought that was so hilarious. I asked him why and all he said was...."Dude. I'm amazed at some of the most random things that you know. It's just weird."

I do know some pretty random things I guess. But that's what they were.lol

Some glass insulators are worth money. You don't shoot those.
                          Last edited by okrattler; 01-15-2018, 02:27 PM.

Comment

Garrett makes great detectors and is a Texas company. I recommend the AT-Pro.

Comment

Another vote for the AT Pro..........

Comment

Hunter yes. Finder not so much.

Comment

Working...
                                X